Alumni in Residence
Bill McDonough ’74
Bill worked for over 40 years as a senior executive at one of the world’s leading global advertising agencies (FCB Worldwide) in NYC managing global businesses including Colgate-Palmolive, PepsiCos’ Frito-lay and Tropicana business, Nabisco, AT&T, and JP Morgan Chase and as the Global Chief Marketing Officer for American Standard and as the CMO at M/I Homes, HQ’d here in Columbus. He treats marketing as everything an enterprise does from brand creation through to every move it makes, measures and learns from in the marketplace. Today, Bill is the President of Brand Matter, a consultancy that helps businesses harness the core essence of their brand’s reason for being. He helps align the organization’s functional and company-wide strategic thinking, their tactics and their marketplace knowledge to fully leverage the power of a competitively-advantaged brand position.
Works regularly with OWU students and is open to being contacted for:
- Speaking with a student 1:1 on campus
- Speaking with a student virtually or on the phone
- Presenting to a class in-person
- Conducting a virtual webinar
- Mentoring a student
- Assisting OWU Alumni (recent Alumni, or Alumni in transition)
- Serving as a resume-reviewer for OWU students and/or Alumni
- Participating in OWU events such as speed networking, mock interviewing, panels, etc.
At OWU, Bill was an International Politics & Government major, and has worked primarily in the world of Marketing.