Alumni in Residence
Preferred Method of Contact: Email
As an Alumni in Residence, Mark Shipps meets with students one day per week to offer advice and assistance on resumes, cover letters, job search, and networking. He also conducts video-recorded mock interviews.
He spent most of his professional career in the environmental services industry, specializing in engineering, design, and construction. After graduation from OWU, he served as an officer with the U.S. Coast Guard. Following senior leadership roles with several companies, Mark co-founded and was President and Chairman of the Board of the American Environmental Group in Richfield, OH.
Works regularly with OWU students and is open to being contacted for:
- Speaking with a student 1:1 on campus
- Speaking with a student virtually or on the phone
- Presenting to a class in-person
- Conducting a virtual webinar
- Mentoring a student
- Assisting OWU Alumni (recent Alumni, or Alumni in transition)
- Serving as a resume-reviewer for OWU students and/or Alumni
- Participating in OWU events such as speed networking, mock interviewing, panels, etc.
At OWU, Mark majored in Zoology and Chemistry, played in Varsity Lacrosse, and is a member of the Phil Delta Theta Fraternity. Upon completion of his private sector career, Mark returned to Ohio Wesleyan as Vice President for University Relations. He finished his OWU work experience as Special Assistant to the President, Rock Jones.