Careers With Social Impact
Andrew Sloan ’13
Director of Development
Washington, D.C. region
Andrew is passionate about supporting non-profit organizations and in his current role with the PenFed Foundation, raises money for programs assisting veterans, military families, and their allies. His previous career experiences include working in development for the Army Historical Foundation and Newseum (both based in the greater Washington, D.C. area). He is happy to be contacted by students and alumni interested in careers in nonprofits and development.
- Speaking with a student virtually or on the phone
- Conducting a virtual webinar
- Assisting OWU Alumni (recent Alumni, or Alumni in transition)
- Serving as a resume-reviewer for OWU students and/or Alumni
- Participating in OWU events such as speed networking, mock interviewing, panels, etc.
- Career advice & nonprofit management and development
During his time at OWU, Andrew majored in History and Pre-Theology and was an active member of Phi Delta Theta Fraternity and the Varsity Baseball team. Since his time on campus Andrew has also served on the OWU Alumni Association Board of Directors.