Careers With Social Impact
Kate Lewis-Lakin ’14
Senior Marketing Associate
Right out of OWU, Kate pursued a Masters in Public Administration from Ohio State University. Through this program she was exposed to local government, and went on to pursue roles in local government management after graduate school. Including an internship during her MPA, she spent 7 total years in local government in Ohio, Indiana, and Illinois. Her longest tenure was 5 years with the City of Evanston, Illinois, where she served as the City's Budget Manager. She left local government in January 2022 to take a role with Hagerty Consulting, a mid-size consulting firm that focuses on emergency management and disaster recovery with primarily state and local government clients. Her role is to support the Chief Operating Officer with company-wide projects, particularly where it comes to improving internal processes and controls. She is currently focused on implementation of a new time and expense tracking system for the company. Kate is open to:
- Speaking with a student virtually or on the phone
- Presenting to a student organization
- Conducting a virtual webinar
- Mentoring a student
- Assisting OWU Alumni (recent Alumni, or Alumni in transition)
- Participating in OWU events such as speed networking, mock interviewing, panels, etc.
- Virtual presentations/support only, unless located in the Chicago area
While on campus Kate majored in Politics & Government, was a member of Delta Zeta sorority, and participated in Mock Convention.