Preferred Method of Contact: Email
After graduating, Selma obtained her Ph.D. in chemistry from UCLA, did a post-doc at MIT where she caught the entrepreneurial bug, and is now doing business development at a startup that is using AI and robotics to speed up chemistry R&D.
She is happy to talk with students and alumni interested in chemistry, graduate school, PhD work, research, entrepreneurship, investing, startups, and the business of science.
- Speaking with a student 1:1 on campus
- Speaking with a student virtually or on the phone
- Presenting to a class in-person
- Presenting to a student organization
- Mentoring a student
- Assisting OWU Alumni (recent Alumni, or Alumni in transition)
- Serving as a resume-reviewer for OWU students and/or Alumni
- Participating in OWU events such as speed networking, mock interviewing, panels, etc.
While at Ohio Wesleyan Selma studied Chemistry and Psychology. She also participated in Habit for Humanity projects and was a member of Chi Gamma Nu Chemistry Honorary, Sigma Xi Scientific Research Honor Society and was a student caller for the OWU Annual Fund.