Full-Time Public Safety Officer
The Ohio Wesleyan University Department of Public Safety seeks qualified applicants for a full-time Public Safety Officer position. This highly visible and challenging position interfaces with a diverse university community of students, faculty, staff and visitors; as well as the Delaware community and local law enforcement.
Responsibilities include enforcement of rules and regulations established by the University, providing security and protective services to the campus community patrolling assigned buildings and grounds, and responding to emergencies by assessing the situation and employing tact, diplomacy and individual judgment in order to remedy and/or maintain control.
The current opening will involve evening and night shift, and weekends with varying hours and days off. Public Safety officers are subject to overtime and call-in responsibilities and may be required to continue working beyond a regular shift, on regularly scheduled days off and/or additional hours and special events. The starting wage for this position is $15.00 per hour.
- Must be a least twenty one (21) years of age
- Have a valid Ohio driver’s license and meet the standards required to be covered on the University insurance policy
- High school diploma, or equivalent
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Possess strong interpersonal and conflict resolution skills
- Experience in a university environment preferred
- Experience in a security/police work or state certification in OPOTA strongly preferred
- Clean criminal background (no convictions that would conflict with duties)
Completed applications will include:
- Cover Letter
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- The names, titles and contact information for three professional references.
Please email application materials to: email@example.com
Application review will begin immediately and will continue until position is filled.
Ohio Wesleyan University, a private liberal arts college located 20 miles north of Columbus, in Delaware, Ohio, promotes and celebrates an inclusive environment free from constraints in areas of culture, race, sex, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, religion, family relationship, or economic barriers. Applications by members of all underrepresented groups are encouraged as OWU is an equal opportunity institution and has a strong commitment to supporting diversity, equity and inclusion.