Assistant Men’s Lacrosse Coach
Ohio Wesleyan University invites applications for the position of Assistant Men’s Lacrosse Coach. This is an eleven-month full-time, benefits-eligible position. The Assistant Coach is responsible for supporting the Head Coach in all phases of the Lacrosse program.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Identify, recruit, coach, and develop high-level student-athletes for the program
- Organize official and unofficial visits
- Assist with practice, competition preparations, and planning of travel itineraries
- Assist the head coach in all phases of student-athlete mentoring, fundraising, game management and scheduling, and other administrative duties
- A secondary duty within the athletic department will also be assigned
- Maintains positive work atmosphere by supporting and communicating effectively with students, parents, faculty, co-workers and managers representing a diverse community
It is also expected that the Assistant Lacrosse Coach embrace the department mission of supporting the academic mission of the university, developing student-athletes as contributors on the diverse and inclusive campus and to the greater community, creating opportunities for competitive success, leading student-athletes to understand what it is like to be part of something greater than oneself.
- Bachelor’s Degree required; master’s preferred
- Relevant competitive experience at the collegiate level
- Demonstrated coaching experience
- Experience in identifying, attracting and recruiting of collegiate athletes
- CPR, First Aid and AED Certification, or the ability to obtain these certifications immediately after hire
- Understand the role athletics plays in a rigorous academic setting
- Effective written and oral communication skills
Candidates must have a commitment to and responsibility for adhering to all rules and regulations of Ohio Wesleyan University, the North Coast Athletic Conference, and the NCAA.
Completed Application Packets Will Include
- Cover Letter
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- The names, titles, and contact information for three professional references
Please email application materials to: email@example.com
Application review will begin immediately and will continue until position is filled.
Ohio Wesleyan University, a private liberal arts college located 20 miles north of Columbus, in Delaware, Ohio, promotes and celebrates an inclusive environment free from constraints in areas of culture, race, sex, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, religion, family relationship, or economic barriers. Applications by members of all underrepresented groups are encouraged as OWU is an equal opportunity institution and has a strong commitment to supporting diversity, equity and inclusion.