Assistant/Associate Director of Admission
Search # 1819-0034
The Office of Admission at Ohio Wesleyan University (OWU) invites applications for an Assistant/Associate Director of Admission to share responsibility for active recruitment and enrollment of a nationwide pool of students. Currently there are two positions available. The successful candidates will possess strong communication, management and organizational skills and be willing to travel up to 8-10 weeks a year. These are full-time, salaried positions with benefits. Weekend and evening work will be required. The positions may be campus-based, or regionally-based in either Greater Chicago or the Bay Area in Northern California, depending on experience and interest. These individuals report to the Director of Admission.
Duties and responsibilities
- Active recruitment of students to Ohio Wesleyan University through travel to high schools, college day/night programs, college fairs, phone calling, evening and day receptions, etc. in assigned territory and/or other areas as necessary.
- Support on-campus recruitment efforts by leading information sessions, conducting interviews, fielding phone calls, responding to emails, welcoming walk-in visitors, and answering general inquiries.
- Support all on- and off-campus recruitment and yield programs coordinated by the Office of Admission.
- Develop strong relationships with prospective students and their families throughout the admission cycle including personal communication through email, text messaging, phone calls, and personal interaction as appropriate.
- Foster and maintain professional relationships with high school counselors, independent counselors, community-based organizations (CBO), industry associations, parents of current students, and alumni.
- Timely management and evaluation of applications for admission and supporting credentials (per office policy), including the recommendation of admission decisions.
- Develop and cultivate an in-depth knowledge of the university and its academic and extracurricular programs, and be able to articulate these with accuracy, clarity, and a clear sense of professional commitment to the benefits of an Ohio Wesleyan University education.
- Develop a clear understanding of the administrative policies and practices that are to be followed in the course of the recruitment process (e.g. travel reimbursement policies, on-road recruitment practices, telephone and written correspondence practices, territory management, travel planning, etc.)
- The successful candidate will be expected to manage one or two substantial projects for the Office of Admission. These might include serving as the Athletic liaison, liaison to the faculty, coordinating transfer recruitment, data management, or other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master's preferred.
- Valid driver’s license required.
- 3-8 years admission experience is strongly preferred. Proven commitment to the ideals and advantages of a selective, independent, residential, liberal arts university.
- Knowledge of and experience with Slate is highly desirable.
- Experience with Microsoft and Google products is preferred.
- Evidence of strong oral and written communication skills.
- A positive attitude and sense of humor is required.
- The ability to speak a second language is beneficial but not required.
- A valid driver’s license and the ability to be covered under the University’s car insurance is required.
Completed applications will include
***PLEASE INCLUDE ALL APPLICATION MATERIALS IN ONE DOCUMENT***
- Letter of interest
- The names, titles and contact information for three professional references.
Please email application materials to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application review will begin immediately and will continue until position is filled.
Ohio Wesleyan University, a private liberal arts college located 20 miles north of Columbus, in Delaware, Ohio, promotes and celebrates an inclusive environment free from constraints in areas of culture, race, sex, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, religion, family relationship, or economic barriers. Applications by members of all underrepresented groups are encouraged as OWU is an equal opportunity institution and has a strong commitment to supporting diversity, equity and inclusion.