Assistant Professor of Psychology (Developmental)
Founded in 1842, Ohio Wesleyan University is one of the nation’s premier liberal arts universities. Located in Delaware, Ohio, just 20 miles north of Columbus, the private university offers more than 90 undergraduate majors and competes in 25 NCAA Division III varsity sports. Through Ohio Wesleyan’s signature OWU Connection program, students integrate knowledge across disciplines, build a diverse and global perspective, and apply their knowledge in real-world settings. Ohio Wesleyan is featured in the book “Colleges That Change Lives” and included in the U.S. News & World Report and Princeton Review “best colleges” lists. Learn more at www.owu.edu.
The Psychology Department at Ohio Wesleyan University seeks to fill a tenure-track Assistant Professor position in developmental psychology.
The successful candidate will teach six credit hours per year including introduction to psychology, child and/or adolescent psychology, research methods, and a course developed by the candidate focusing on issues related to diversity. The candidate may also mentor undergraduate research projects, and those with research expertise incorporating issues related to diversity are encouraged to apply.
- Ph.D. degree in hand by the start date of August 1, 2020 are preferred, though ABD candidates will be considered;
- Strong commitment to undergraduate teaching in a liberal arts context, as well as expertise in issues related to diversity, broadly defined;
- Postdoctoral teaching and/or research experience preferred
Completed Applications Will Include
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum vitae
- Statement of teaching philosophy, description of previous teaching experiences, and any evidence of prior teaching effectiveness, (e.g. syllabi, course evaluations, peer observations)
- Statement of research interests, experience, and future plans, and
- Three letters of reference
Please email application materials to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Completed application packets may also be forwarded to: Dr. Vicki DiLillo, Department of Psychology, Ohio Wesleyan University, 61 S Sandusky St., Delaware, OH 43015.
Application review will begin on September 25, 2019 and continue until position is filled. This position is eligible for a comprehensive benefits package.
Ohio Wesleyan University promotes and celebrates an inclusive environment free from constraints in areas of culture, race, sex, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, religion, family relationship, or economic barriers. Applications by members of all underrepresented groups are encouraged as OWU is an equal opportunity institution and has a strong commitment to supporting diversity, equity and inclusion.
Please find OWU’s Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Policy Statement at: https://www.owu.edu/about/diversity/diversity-equity-inclusion/