Associate Director, Regional Engagement
Ohio Wesleyan University’s Division of Advancement invites applications for an Associate Director, Regional Engagement. The Associate Director will be a collaborative member of the team working to implement programs that enhance the University's connection and affinity to alumni and increase their engagement with Ohio Wesleyan. This position will develop purposeful, meaningful and mutually beneficial relationships with alumni within targeted regions where strong alumni populations reside.
The Associate Director requires a strong commitment to cultivating relationships, volunteer management and motivation and the ability to present opportunities that will support University goals while meeting the needs of alumni volunteers. The position reports to the Director, Alumni Relations & Engagement.
Ohio Wesleyan University is currently in the public phase of a $200-million comprehensive campaign, being led by University Advancement. The work provided by this position is a valued component of the campaign and will work with Alumni Relations, Advancement Operations, Donor Relations, Development and senior leadership to successfully complete the campaign by June 30, 2021.
- Responsible for leading the growth, development, and on-going communications of alumni target markets working to build the regions’ overall alumni presence and involvement through the following ways: increasing outreach and support, participation in events, targeted follow-up of key alumni and internship recruitment and admission efforts.
- Will serve as target region lead and partner with admission, career connection and advancement team members on a comprehensive strategy and plan for target alumni regions with specific goals for support of career, admission, social events and giving.
- Oversee social media platform for regional markets.
- Manage the Alumni Chapter Engagement (ACE) committee and Admission Committee of the Alumni Board of Directors.
- Manage a portfolio of alumni with the purpose of identifying opportunities for increased engagement and future giving.
- Responsible for cultivating, training, and retaining a network of volunteers for various positions and leadership committees, as well as developing effective collateral materials to guide and foster increased volunteer interaction and participation with the regional volunteer program.
- Collects and analyzes data to help inform future strategies and initiatives in target regions and assess effectiveness of programming in those markets.
- Manages the OWU Alumni Network career platform and creates opportunities for alumni to use the network and make connections.
- Inspire and influence alumni regional, career and admission volunteers in an effort to grow relationships and increase loyalty and involvement within target regions.
- Assists in the development of a budget, supervises expenditures, and maintains fiscal responsibility.
- Fulfills other duties as assigned by the Vice President of University Advancement and Director, Alumni Relations and Engagements.
Secondary Functions (Other Duties)
- Demonstrated ability to interact with a wide range of constituencies
- Maintain open communications with alumni; provide assistance when asked by alumni; provide follow-up with alumni when necessary.
- Work and participate as an effective member of the overall team.
- Perform other related duties for University/Alumni Relations as assigned.
- Develop skills in the latest technology pertinent to your position. Familiarity with Raisers Edge, Blackbaud and BBNC preferred
- Help maintain department’s volunteer management system and explore new and innovative ways to track volunteer engagement.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills as well as organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Strong time management, customer service orientation, and attention to detail.
- Must have the ability to work independently with interruptions as well as collaboratively across multiple constituencies.
- Must be able to handle sensitive material confidentially.
- Qualified candidates will have a Bachelor’s degree and minimum of three (3) years of experience in volunteer management, alumni relations and/or development.
- An aptitude for collaborating with others and balancing multiple deadlines in a fast-paced work environment.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Ability to undertake frequent travel and evening and weekend work is required.
- Experience with running queries and reports using team’s advancement software system.
- Serve as a position member of the University Advancement staff contributing towards achievement of goals related to the University Advancement Division, alumni participation and the university community.
Completed applications will include:
- Cover Letter
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- The names, titles and contact information for three professional references.
Please email application materials to: email@example.com
Application review will begin immediately and will continue until position is filled. The start date for this position will be on or after July 1, 2019.
Ohio Wesleyan University, a private liberal arts college located 20 miles north of Columbus, in Delaware, Ohio, promotes and celebrates an inclusive environment free from constraints in areas of culture, race, sex, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, religion, family relationship, or economic barriers. Applications by members of all underrepresented groups are encouraged as OWU is an equal opportunity institution and has a strong commitment to supporting diversity, equity and inclusion.