Founded in 1842, Ohio Wesleyan University is one of the nation’s premier liberal arts universities. Located in Delaware, Ohio, just 20 miles north of Columbus, the private university offers more than 90 undergraduate majors and competes in 25 NCAA Division III varsity sports. Through Ohio Wesleyan’s signature OWU Connection program, students integrate knowledge across disciplines, build a diverse and global perspective, and apply their knowledge in real-world settings. Ohio Wesleyan is featured in the book “Colleges That Change Lives” and included in the U.S. News & World Report and Princeton Review “best colleges” lists. Learn more at www.owu.edu.
This position reports directly to the Building Trades Supervisor and is responsible for the day-to-day maintenance, repair, improvements and/or alterations of the University’s general building systems.
- Inspect, install, maintain and repair general building systems such as: doors and door hardware, walls, flooring, ceilings, windows and window treatments, roofs, cabinets, furniture, white/bulletin boards, paint, concrete, masonry and signage.
- Lock repair and installation. Ability to learn basic “Best” key system and assist with key cutting and core assembly.
- Aid in the implementation of the preventative maintenance program.
- Assist in maintaining and procuring proper supplies and inventory.
- Help to coordinate and supervise outside contractors/vendors who provide contractual support for the building trades department functions such as: roofing, window repair, painting, flooring, cabinetry, concrete, masonry and signs.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Rough and finish carpentry experience.
- Broad-based background and knowledge of all general building trades.
- Skill in recordkeeping and time management.
- Skill in communicating effectively and working as part of a team.
- Possess basic computer skills: email, Word and Excel.
- Knowledge of National, State and Local installation, operation and safety codes for the general building trades.
- Hold a valid driver’s license.
- Be able to lift weights common to the trade.
- Be able to work at heights common to the trade.
- Willing and able to participate in on call-in rotation for after-hours emergencies.
- Possess a cell phone in order to receive after hour calls and for daily work related use.
Completed Applications Will Include
- Cover Letter
- The names, titles and contact information for three professional references
Please email application materials to: firstname.lastname@example.org or submit by mail to:
Ohio Wesleyan University
Human Resources Department – Carpenter Search
61 S. Sandusky St.
Delaware, Ohio 43015
Application review will begin immediately and will continue until position is filled.
Ohio Wesleyan University promotes and celebrates an inclusive environment free from constraints in areas of culture, race, sex, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, religion, family relationship, or economic barriers. Applications by members of all underrepresented groups are encouraged as OWU is an equal opportunity institution and has a strong commitment to supporting diversity, equity and inclusion.