Director of Admission
Ohio Wesleyan University seeks a strong, dedicated leader to join the Enrollment Management team as its Director of Admission. Reporting directly to the Vice President for Enrollment and Communications, the Director of Admission will lead all aspects of recruitment, selection and enrollment of new first-year and transfer students. The Director will be a strategic partner in the implementation of a comprehensive recruitment plan and provide day-to-day leadership to a team of eleven admission professionals (including up to four regional staff members). The Director of Admission works collaboratively with senior enrollment leadership to organize and implement a highly efficient, team-based enrollment model that emphasizes an increase in academic profile, net tuition revenue and geographic diversity. The Director will work to develop and sustain relationships with key constituents, such as the university campus community, high school and independent counselors, alumni, community colleges, parents and prospective students.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborate with the Vice President for Enrollment and Communications on all matters related to the development and implementation of strategic enrollment planning, team building, personnel, policy and budget.
- In collaboration with the Vice President for Enrollment and Communications and the Chief Communications Officer, oversee the management and implementation of the College’s enrollment and communication plans.
- Collaborate with University administration, faculty committees, students, athletics and external organizations and institutions to implement a holistic admission plan.
- Provide direct supervision of staff, oversee territory management plans and monitor travel budget for admissions staff members related to recruitment and outreach activities.
- Coordinate hiring process, oversee training and evaluate admission staff members.
- Plan and supervise recruitment and marketing processes including marketing/target analysis, lead generation oversight, prospect-enrollment pipeline development; high school outreach and off-campus recruitment events; volunteer programs and campus events; and the development of print and electronic admission materials, tele-counseling, web content and social media.
- Oversee efforts to recruit and enroll a socio-economically diverse and multicultural student body.
- Provide leadership development and training of departmental and University staff and faculty in areas related to admission, marketing and recruitment of students.
- Analyze recruitment-related data and assess programming activities as part of strategic enrollment planning initiatives.
- Manage a small recruitment territory by representing Ohio Wesleyan at high schools and college fairs, conducting student interviews and information sessions, and reviewing applications for admission. Participate in professional organizations and professional development activities to ensure admission practices are contemporary.
- Participate in University meetings and committees as necessary; prepare reports as requested; and manage special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master's preferred.
- Valid driver’s license required.
- Able to work nights and weekends as necessary
- Able to travel overnight
- At least eight years of progressive leadership experience and proven track record of success in university admission, including recruitment and enrollment planning and program development; team building within the office and among university departments; human resource and budget management; data collection analysis and assessment activities
- Committed to diversity and sensitive to the needs of educationally and economically disadvantaged students
- Outstanding writing and superior spoken communication skills. Must have the ability to effectively articulate and communicate the distinctive features of an Ohio Wesleyan education to prospective students, parents and counselors.
- Possess knowledge of human resource management: supervising staff, hiring, training, orientation, evaluation, coaching, managing meetings, policy development, and professional development.
- Advanced understanding of the use of technology as it relates to application processing. Prior use of Slate for data management and analysis preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of education policy, financial aid, data management as well as applicable federal, state and University policies and law governing admission and recruitment and the release and disclosure of information.
Completed applications will include:
- Letter of interest (cover letter) with salary requirements
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- The names, titles and contact information for three professional references.
Please email application materials to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application review will begin immediately and will continue until position is filled.
Ohio Wesleyan University, a private liberal arts college located 20 miles north of Columbus, in Delaware, Ohio, promotes and celebrates an inclusive environment free from constraints in areas of culture, race, sex, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, religion, family relationship, or economic barriers. Applications by members of all underrepresented groups are encouraged as OWU is an equal opportunity institution and has a strong commitment to supporting diversity, equity and inclusion.