Director of Annual Giving
Ohio Wesleyan University is a selective, private, undergraduate liberal arts, residential institution founded in 1842 and is located just 20 miles north of Columbus.
The Department of University Advancement invites applications for a Director of Annual Giving.
Ohio Wesleyan University invites applications for a Director of Annual Giving on the University Advancement team. Reporting to the Assistant Vice President and working closely with the Vice President, the Director is responsible for the design and implementation of all elements of the Ohio Wesleyan’s comprehensive annual giving program, including the Ohio Wesleyan Fund, Team OWU, Designated Giving program and President’s Circle. The Director of Annual Giving sets, and oversees the implementation of strategies for, a variety of constituents including trustees, alumni, students, parents and friends of the University.
The Director, in conjunction with the Annual Giving team, is responsible for hitting the dollar and donor goals established by the University, with particular emphasis on reunion class giving, athletic fundraising, parent giving and reunion class giving efforts. The Director must have the ability to effectively manage and motivate Annual Giving staff, along with the Development team, to reach goals.
In partnership with the Annual Giving team, the Director is responsible for development and implementation of fundraising strategies, including direct mail, giving day, electronic and phone solicitations; development of leadership gifts through personal solicitations; stewardship of annual giving donors; and partnership with the development team on higher end annual fund asks, among other duties.
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 5 years of professional experience, including supervisory experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of annual giving strategy, online giving and electronic solicitations (including giving days) and new giving trends, coupled with a willingness to explore innovative solicitation tactics.
- Ability to analyze data to make data driven decisions.
- Strong management skills and ability to manage a diverse skillset among team members; as well as the ability to work closely with key volunteers.
- Demonstrate excellent time management skills, ensuring attention to detail while managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Manage a portfolio with personal solicitations.
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Suite and experience with or ability to learn Raiser’s Edge.
Completed Application Packets Will Include
- Cover Letter with salary requirements
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- The names, titles, and contact information for three professional references
Please email application materials to: email@example.com
Application review will begin immediately and will continue until position is filled.
Ohio Wesleyan University, a private liberal arts college located 20 miles north of Columbus, in Delaware, Ohio, promotes and celebrates an inclusive environment free from constraints in areas of culture, race, sex, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, religion, family relationship, or economic barriers. Applications by members of all underrepresented groups are encouraged as OWU is an equal opportunity institution and has a strong commitment to supporting diversity, equity and inclusion.