Part-Time Bus Drivers
Ohio Wesleyan University is a selective, private, undergraduate liberal arts, residential institution founded in 1842 and is located just 20 miles north of Columbus. The University’s Department of Buildings and Grounds invites applications for Part-Time Bus Drivers.
Love Sports? Ohio Wesleyan University is currently seeking part-time bus drivers who are interested in driving athletic teams to local and regional competitions. Love Baseball? Love Basketball? Want to drive in the fall, winter, spring or all year long? We might have a place for you! We need drivers for shuttles during the day, evening drivers, and weekend drivers.
The bus drivers are responsible for the operation of a 50 passenger bus to safely transport students, faculty and staff to and from designated locations locally and regionally in accordance with established safe driving methods and standards. Occasionally, vans or shuttles may also be used to transport in place of the bus.
- Operating a multi-passenger vehicle to transport students, faculty and/or staff to and from the university to regional athletic events, local airport shuttle trips, special events, class field trips, other university-sponsored events in accordance with established schedule.
- Ensuring passenger safety at all times.
- Ensuring the vehicle is properly fueled and ready for use each day.
- Performing service and maintenance of University vehicle(s) including, but not limited to: fueling the vehicle, cleaning the interior/exterior, checking vehicle fluids, tires, lights, and wipers to ensure the ongoing safe operation of the vehicle.
- Performing pre-trip and post-trip inspection of the vehicle to ensure compliance with established state regulations and reporting mechanical or safety device failures to the Motor Pool Coordinator.
- Maintaining accurate vehicle and passenger logs of all trips in accordance with established requirements; reports all accidents and completes all associated incident reports as required to the Motor Pool Coordinator and OWU Public Safety.
- Minimum of a high school diploma is required
- Must be 25 years of age
- Valid Ohio driver`s license
- CDL-B with passenger endorsement
- Pass ODOT physical
- Pass drug screen and background check
- Have a good driving record
- Familiarity with central Ohio region
- 2-5 years of professional driving experience
- Available days, evenings, and weekends
- Able to read maps and use GPS system
- Prior experience with paperless driving records
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time
- Able to push, pull and lift up to fifty pounds
- Able to hear and speak well enough to communicate with students, faculty, and staff face-to-face.
- Skill in safely operating a fifty passenger vehicle
- Skill in applying appropriate customer service standards to maintain courteous working relationships with coaches, students, faculty, maintenance staff, other colleges, etc.
- Able to meet deadlines and adapt to changing priorities
Completed application packets will include:
- Cover Letter with salary requirements
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- The names, titles and contact information for three professional references
Please email application materials to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application review will begin immediately and will continue until position is filled.
Ohio Wesleyan University, a private liberal arts college located 20 miles north of Columbus, in Delaware, Ohio, promotes and celebrates an inclusive environment free from constraints in areas of culture, race, sex, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, religion, family relationship, or economic barriers. Applications by members of all underrepresented groups are encouraged as OWU is an equal opportunity institution and has a strong commitment to supporting diversity, equity and inclusion.