Student Employment and Payroll Coordinator
The Human Resources Department invites applications for a Student Employment and Payroll Coordinator position. This is a full-time twelve month position with an opportunity for flexible and/or reduced work hours during the summer months. This position comes with a generous benefits package including sizable 403(b) retirement plan contribution and tuition waiver benefit for the employee and dependents (at OWU and many other institutions).
The Student Employment and Payroll Coordinator is responsible for the coordination of the student employment and payroll functions, serving as the liaison between student employees, hiring departments/supervisors, the Office of Financial Aid, and the Office of Human Resources. The Student Employment and Payroll Coordinator is responsible for; posting jobs if assistance is requested from the hiring department, coordinating the hiring process, compensation, resolution of day-to-day matters concerning the terms and conditions of student employment, and ensuring compliance with appropriate governmental regulations, and institutional controls, and the coordination of all payroll activities for student employees. The Student Employment and Payroll Coordinator also provides payroll support for non-student employees as needed.
- Develop and coordinate the use of student job posting system and job fairs, and work with departments to show benefits of posting jobs, identify and contact potential on-campus employers of students.
- Communicate with supervisors and students on an on-going basis as issues arise.
- Monitor and communicate with departments regarding students work study allocations.
- Oversee the maintenance of accurate records and files, and prepare correspondence, reports and other written materials related to student employment activities and programs.
- Monitor applicable laws and regulations regarding employment practices and make prospective employers and applicants aware of them.
- Coordinate, publicize and implement special programs such as job fairs.
- Enter and retrieve information using a personal or on-line computer. Perform routine and non-routine data retrieval, research, analysis, and reporting from the payroll records as requested.
- Oversee the Student Employment Authorization process: receive, process, and authorize student employment authorizations (W4 forms, I-9 Immigration forms, etc.).
- Process payroll for student employees in an accurate and timely manner.
- Provide general support and assistance to faculty and staff as needed for Human Resources related questions and benefits.
- Coordinate with, and provide information to the offices of Financial Aid, and International Student Services as needed.
- A minimum of an Associate’s degree with 3-5 years of payroll experience, or equivalent combination of education and work experience required.
- Bachelor’s degree, ADP software experience, and experience working with student employment programs within a higher education setting are highly preferred.
- Prior Human Resources generalist experience also preferred.
- Strong analytical ability, customer service focused, ability to meet deadlines, and highly organized.
- General understanding of human resources practices and compensation management needed.
- Additional requirements include strong attention to detail, strong interpersonal skills with a service orientation; ability to define problems and recommend alternative solutions; and excellent oral and written communications skills.
Completed Applications Will Include
- Cover Letter
- The names, titles and contact information for three professional references.
Please email application materials to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application review will begin immediately and will continue until position is filled.
Ohio Wesleyan University promotes and celebrates an inclusive environment free from constraints in areas of culture, race, sex, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, religion, family relationship, or economic barriers. Applications by members of all underrepresented groups are encouraged as OWU is an equal opportunity institution and has a strong commitment to supporting diversity, equity and inclusion.