- The University’s copyright policy prohibits us from copying more than 15 - 20% of a book, magazine, musical score or other copyrighted material without permission from the copyright holder.
- Photocopying of copyrighted material must be weighed against the four factors of “fair use”.
- Questions regarding “fair use” should be directed to Marsha Zavar, Beeghly Library, at x3234.
- Copies of allowed material can be made one time. We are not permitted to copy the same material time after time.
- Copies will only be made from original material.
- The title page and copyright page must be included with all copies of copyrighted materials.
- The Print Services Department has the right to refuse any work that does not comply with the University’s copyright policy.
- Your signature on the Print Services slip indicates that you are aware of and have followed the University’s policy regarding copyrighted materials.
- If copying more than 15-20% of any material; a copy of written permission from the copyright holder must be presented to the Print Services department before printing.
For more information, see our library's Copyright and Fair Use at OWU LibGuide.