Welcome to the Bursar's Office. Our objective is to serve you by helping you navigate the sometimes complex issues of paying for a college education. We are available to answer any questions about your student account. Our services include payment plans, billing statements, financial counseling, and maintaining financial information for student accounts. This includes posting charges and credits including tuition and fees, room and board, course fees, payments, financial aid, late fees, miscellaneous fines, damage charges, and other adjustments.
- Announcing an exciting new option for receiving your refund! Through our recently updated Nelnet portal, you can now choose to have your refund directly deposited to your bank account or to receive a check at your mailing address. We strongly encourage you to set up direct deposit so that your refund can be deposited in your designated bank account in about two days for most banks. If you choose to receive a check, it will be mailed to your permanent address. Refund checks can no longer be picked up in our office. Visit your payment portal and click on the Manage Refunds button to choose direct deposit.
- Our office is closed for walk-in business due to the current health crisis. We are providing service to students and parents through our office email, email@example.com. We promise a reply within two business days. Since we are not physically in the office, the quickest way to reach us is through the above email address. Please work with us as we all work through this rarest of circumstances. We pledge to provide our very best service. We appreciate your understanding.
- New students will register beginning August 15.
- To register at your allotted time your student account must be paid. If you are on a payment plan, you must be current. If you have a balance or are behind on your payment plan, you will be on hold.
- Fall 2020 statements were made available on July 2, 2020. The payment due date was August 5, 2020. If you enroll in the 4-payment plan, the first due date was July 20. After this date, you can enroll in the 3-payment plan by August 17. The remaining due dates for the fall semester are on the 20th of each month with the last payment due on October 20, 2020.
- OWU strongly encourages students to give access to your payment portal to parents or other benefactors who are helping you with your bill. With this access they can view the bill, see account activity, and make payments. Students only, go to this link to grant access: Self-Service Access
Here are a few links to help you finance your education:
OWU Financial Planning Guide (PDF) » Browse this handy financial guide to learn more information on fees, expenses, payment plans, loan resources, and refund policies.
Monthly Payment Plan » Set up a payment schedule for an annual fee at the Nelnet Campus Commerce website.
Financial Aid » Review grants, loans, and other need-based financial aid avenues.
1098-T Information » Helpful information about the 1098-T tax form.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) » Get answers to the most common inquiries from students.