OWU highly encourages students to grant access to those family members and friends who are helping pay for a college education. Follow the steps below to set up this access.
Authorized Payer Access in the Nelnet payment portal
Students are able to grant access through their own the Nelnet Payment Portal to relatives or benefactors. The student needs to follow the steps below:
- Students, login to your OWU Self-Service at campus.owu.edu.
- Click on the Finances tab, then click on Make a Payment
- Since a upgraded payment portal was implemented on July 5, all students need to set up an account in the upgraded portal. If you have not done this, you will be prompted to do so.
- If the student has already set up their payment plan portal (this only needs to be done once), then the student will click on the Authorized Payer link. Follow the steps to add the payer. You will need their email address to set them up.
- An email will be sent to the Authorized Payer to let them know they now have access to your financial information. With this access they can make a payment, view the details of your student account, view statements, and make a payment.
- The information seen at this site by the student and all authorized payers is exactly what is seen by the Bursar's Office staff and is real time. This is very helpful information and will lessen the need to contact the Bursar's Office and wait on an answer or to confirm details, balances, and payments. This information is real-time and exactly the same data the staff sees.