Named in honor of Bishop James Bashford, fourth President of Ohio Wesleyan, Bashford Hall provides an interactive, community living space for 133 men and women.
It is staffed by one professional Residential Life Coordinator (RLC) and seven student Resident Assistants (RAs). All first-year students, including those in Bashford Hall, are part of the YearOne Living Learning program, which provides extra support and guidance to first-year students as they transition to the college environment.
Bashford Hall is single-gender by floor, with men and women each occupying two floors. Most rooms are double occupancy, although there are a few triple rooms. Bath facilities are shared by corridor residents. Each bathroom has 10 sinks, 5 showers, 4-5 toilet stalls, and, on male floors, 3 urinals.
A standard room is approximately 11’ x 13’ x 8’ in size. It contains two XL twin beds (39” x 80”), a dresser with mirror, two desks with built-in lighting, two desk chairs, and two closets. The dresser consists of seven drawers: two are shallow, one is split, and four are deep. Closets measure 2 ½’ x 2’ and each has two shelves and two towel racks. All the furniture is built-in except for the beds and desk chairs. There are two computer/Internet connections, as well as a cable television connection in the room. Cable television service is provided at no additional cost.
- Academic – The common area on the first floor offers multiple study tables for resident use.
- Recreational – A television, couches, and pool table are located in the ground floor recreation room.
- Kitchen Facilities – A well-equipped kitchen (electric range, refrigerator, sink, toaster, and microwave) is located on the ground floor.
- Laundry Facilities – Four washers and dryers for resident use at (no additional cost) are located on the ground floor.
- Vending Machines on ground floor
- Miscellaneous - Each floor has a Trash Room. A freight elevator is available on a limited basis for moving large items. A vacuum cleaner, games, and other supplies/resources are available for check out to both Bashford and Thomson residents at the front desk in Welch Hall.