Spring 2020 Move-Out Information
The State of Ohio has extended the Stay at Home order until May 1, 2020. As a result we have canceled the April 18-19 and May 9-10 move out weekends. Instead, we’re going to invite you back to campus in a way that limits the number of people in each of our buildings at any one time while also providing you the most flexibility we are able to provide. If you have not yet moved out or still have belongings in your room, the deadline to completely move out of your room is May 10, 2020.
Starting Tuesday, April 7, 2020 and ending May 10, 2020, we will have daily time slots available for you to sign up to return to campus and move out. We have two time slots available 7 days a week - 8 a.m.-noon and noon-4 p.m. You will not be able to stay overnight on campus during your visit to OWU. Please only select one move out time so all students are able to return to campus when they need. When time slots for a particular day are gone, we are not able to add more. You will not receive a confirmation from OWU unless you fall under a CDC Travel Advisory. Once you have a time slot, you can assume you are able to return to campus and your card access will be restored for that day.
If you are traveling from an area under a travel advisory by the CDC, you need to complete the Travel Registration Form and wait to hear from us prior to traveling to OWU to move out. You can review the CDC's Coronavirus Travel Advisories to see if they pertain to you.
Sign up for a move out time in the building you lived:
Small Living Units
How to Check Out
There are two ways to check out of your room:
1. Express Checkout. An express checkout allows you to check out of your space at any time. We will be relying on the Express Checkout process for the majority of move-outs in Spring 2020. You can locate an express checkout envelope at the Residential Life Late Night Desk located in the Welch Lobby or outside the Residential Life Office in HWCC 225. You'll fill out the envelope, place your keys inside and seal the envelope, and place it in the express checkout boxes present at both locations. You must have removed all of your personal belongings from your room and cleaned it prior to using the express checkout process. For more details about cleaning your room or the in-person check out process, please review the information provided further down on this web page.
2. In-Person Checkout. You can schedule a time to check out of your room by contacting email@example.com. This check out must be scheduled in advance, and is dependent on the availability of staff. This checkout should occur after you've moved all of your belongings from your room and properly cleaned it. You'll turn your key in at the time of your in-person checkout. For more details about cleaning your room or the in-person check out process, please review the information provided further down on this web page.
Move Out Details
1. Each individual student is responsible for their own check-out procedures. Do not assign your responsibilities to a friend, hall staff member, or Housekeeping personnel.
2. Residents are responsible for removing all personal possessions from their rooms, returning all original furnishings; debunking beds, disassembling lofts, and leaving their rooms clean before being checked-out. Anything left in a room will be considered abandoned and will be disposed of at the discretion of the University. The cost of any special cleaning will be billed to the residents of the room. The University will wait until after the final move out weekend in May to remove abandoned property from student rooms.
3. Room keys are to be returned to the staff member with whom you are checking out or through the express checkout process. Residents who do not turn in a key will be assessed the fee for re-keying the room ($134). However, we will allow students to return keys by mail, given the circumstances of Spring 2020 move out. Keys can be mailed in a sealed envelope containing a note indicating the student's name, residential community name, and room number to:
4. All room damage must be assigned to the responsible resident or residents. Failure to accept or assign responsibility for damage will result in all residents equally splitting the cost of the repairs. You can access the damage responsibility form here: View the Damage Responsibility Form.
5. Students not returning to OWU need to return their mailbox to the student mailroom in HWCC. Students who fail to turn in their mailbox key to the mailroom will be assessed a $15.00 fee. For Spring 2020 move out, mailbox keys returned to Residential Life through the Express Checkout process will be returned to the mailroom on behalf of the student.
Upon move-out, it is expected that your room or portion of your room is cleaned and ready for a new student. Rooms should be in the same condition that you found them when you got here.
- Floors should be swept and mopped.
- All person items should be removed from the room.
- All trash and recycling should be taken to the dumpsters and recycling rooms.
- Clean out and wipe interiors of drawers, closets, and desks.
- Clean mattress, bed, desk, desk chair and other university furniture in room.
- If vacating a room with a private or semi-private bathroom, residents are responsible for cleaning the bathroom.