This page provides information about faculty contracts.
Continuing Full-Time Faculty
Faculty continuing a full-time appointment at the University receive their contracts for the coming academic year in mid-June. Contracts are delivered and signed electronically at the secure Faculty Contract Website. Contracts may be accompanied by a supplemental Statement of Compensation and Estimated Benefits ("Benefits Sheet").
Receiving, Viewing, and Signing a Contract
- A few days before contracts are released on the Faculty Contract Website, you will be sent an email from the Provost's office giving you the contract release date.
- Between 9 AM and 3 PM on the contract release date you will receive another email from the Provost's office telling you that your contract is available to review and sign. If you do not receive this email, you must inform the Provost's office immediately. If we hear nothing from you, we will assume that you have received notification that your contract is available.
- Once contracts are released on the Faculty Contract Website, please log in to view and sign your contract. The deadline for doing so is 14 days following the issue date. The deadline is indicated in the contract and on the website. Contact the Provost's office at email@example.com or 740-368-3113 if you have questions about your contract.
- If your contract is accompanied by a Statement of Compensation and Estimated Benefits ("Benefits Sheet"), please read the section below about this supplement. This document is provided for informational purposes only and is not a part of your contract. If you have questions about the Benefits Sheet, please contact Human Resources at 740-368-3388 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- After you review your contract, please sign it electronically using the process described on the Faculty Contract Website. To sign, you will be asked to type the last four digits of your Social Security Number, type your name, and click a button labeled I agree. Once you complete these steps, the contract is signed and is legally binding on all parties. There is no need to return anything to the Provost's office.
- Once you electronically sign your contract, you will receive an email confirmation that you have signed the contract. If you do not receive this email, you should inform the Provost's office. If you ever receive an email confirmation before you have signed a contract, it is imperative that you contact the Provost's office immediately.
- You should download a copy of your signed contract for your records. To do this, you can return to the Faculty Contract Website and view your signed contract. The PDF document that downloads when you click the View contract button is the record of your signed contract.
Keep in Mind...
- The deadline for signing your contract is 14 days after the issue date. Your contract will remain accessible at the Faculty Contract Website after this due date, but any delay in signing your contract beyond the due date may make it difficult to ensure that you are paid on September 1. We cannot set up your September 1 salary until after you sign your contract using the Faculty Contract Website.
- The Provost's office will not provide a paper version of your contract. If you wish to accept a continuing appointment to the Faculty of Ohio Wesleyan University, you must use the Faculty Contract Website to view and sign the contract offered for the continuing appointment.
- The Provost's office will not accept a signed paper copy of a contract from a continuing full-time member of the faculty. Please do not sign and return a printed version of your contract from the Faculty Contract Website.
The contracts provided on the Faculty Contract Website may have an attached Statement of Compensation and Estimated Benefits ("Benefits Sheet"). This document shows a summary of the compensation and benefits provided to you by Ohio Wesleyan University for the indicated fiscal year. The information listed in this document provides you with a snapshot of your base compensation and your OWU provided benefits based on your benefit selections and compensation as of August 1. Pay increases that are effective for August 1 are reflected in your base pay number. Some stipends for additional duties and responsibilities are not included as part of your base compensation.
Please keep in mind that the Statement of Compensation and Estimated Benefits is intended only as a summary and may not include all the benefits which you receive. For example, voluntary benefits that you pay for through payroll deductions, such as dependent life insurance, are not included. In some cases, the amount listed for an OWU provided benefit is a calculated amount based on an average cost per employee.
Most of the information provided on the Statement of Compensation and Estimated Benefits is also available online through the OWU Pay and Benefits site hosted by ADP. In cases where there is a discrepancy between what is provided on the Statement of Compensation and Estimated Benefits and what is reflected in the ADP enrollment system or in payroll records, the enrollment / payroll data will be deemed as being correct.
If you have any questions about the Statement of Compensation and Estimated Benefits, you should stop by Human Resources, call at 740-368-3388, or email at email@example.com. Human Resources will work with you to correct or resolve any issue as quickly as possible.
New Full-Time Faculty
Contracts for new full-time faculty are still issued on paper. For information about contracts for new full-time faculty, please contact the Provost's office.
Contracts for part-time faculty are still issued on paper. For information about contracts for part-time faculty, please contact the Provost's office.