Critical to the experience of OWjL is the diversity of the student population. At least 19% of our students receive a full or partial scholarship. A single scholarship costs $675 and covers the student’s tuition, food and housing for a one-week session. OWjL is a non-profit organization and receives no public funds.
Experts agree that the needs of gifted and talented middle school students are unique. Unfortunately, these needs are not being met by the schools in the state of Ohio. Over 80 percent of Ohio's identified gifted students did not receive special services during the 2018-2019 school year. OWjL strives to bridge that gap by offering these truly gifted students the type of classes and interactions that they cannot find elsewhere.
We invite you to join us in our efforts to motivate and challenge our talented students. You can provide the financial support needed for a child to attend this special camp. This is an investment in the future!
You may print the attached Donation Form and mail it with your check to:
OWjL Camp - OWU
61 S Sandusky St Univ 024
Delaware OH 43015
Scholarship Contributions are vital to the OWjL Program. Each year, 15-20 percent of campers require financial aid in order to attend. Contributions of any amount are appreciated. Please follow the easy directions below to contribute to the OWjL Program online:
- Go to OWU’s Online Giving page.
- Choose or enter your donation amount.
- Under “Choose Your Designation,” select “Other” and type "OWjL Camp" in that field.
- Click “Add Donation To Cart” button.
- Proceed down the screen completing and verifying the additional sections. The “Matching Gifts” and “Tribute Information” fields are optional.
- When all the fields are complete, click the “Donate Now” button to continue processing.
- It will ask you to re-confirm that your information is correct.
- Once information is confirmed, you may print the receipt page for your records.
That’s all there is to it! Your contribution will be processed and you will receive a letter from the OWjL Office to verify your contribution. If you do not receive a letter, please email us with the date and amount of your donation, so that we can be sure it was directed to OWjL Program.
Please contact us with any questions about this process.
- Columbus Bar Association Alliance
- Delaware County Foundation
- Ingram-White Castle Foundation
- Junior League of Columbus
- Kroger Community Rewards Program
- Kiwanis Club of Delaware County
- Support for Talented Students Inc
- T & C Foods Inc dba Wendy's
- Tutoring Club (Gahanna, Hilliard & Powell)
- OWjL Advisory Board Members
- OWjL Teachers and Parents
- and Family and Friends of OWjL