From campus, to community, to online resources, this information will help answer questions about resources available to students.
OWU has many resources to support students as they navigate their experience. It is important to note that all OWU employees, excluding the confidential resources detailed below, are mandatory reporters and must share all the details of the reports they receive with designated University officials.
Not sure what support you need, but want to submit a report? Individuals may submit a report online here.
Quick access to resources:
- OWU Cares: The Student Care Committee is responsible for soliciting and evaluating reports about students that might need support or care beyond what their friends can provide.
- Sexual Assault Resources and Reporting
- Emergency financial assistance and other access programs
- Confidential Resources
- Non-confidential Resources
- Substance Abuse Resources
- Counseling Services: (740) 368-3145, Hamilton-Williams Campus Center 324,
On-call counselors available for students by phone 24/7 if you call (866) 564-1636
- Student Health Center: (740) 368-3160, Stuyvesant Hall
- Chaplain’s Office, (740) 386-3082, Hamilton-Williams Campus Center 308,
Grady Memorial Hospital, (740) 615-1000, hospital closest to OWU's campus
561 W Central Ave, Delaware, OH
Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner (SANE) available.
Riverside Methodist Hospital, (614) 566-5321, 3535 Olentangy River Rd, Columbus, OH
Delaware Health Dept.,(740) 368-1700, 3 W Winter St, Delaware, OH
Sliding scale fees, women’s clinic, HIV testing
Helpline, (740) 369-3316 or (800) 684-2324local crisis support center
Crisis Text Line, Text HOME to 741741 for free, 24/7 crisis counseling
- Jess Ettell Irvine, Assistant Dean for Student Integrity & Community Standards, Hamilton-Williams Campus Center 225, email@example.com
- Doug Koyle, Associate Dean for Student Success, Hamilton-Williams Campus Center 2nd floor, Dean of Students Office, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Brad Pulcini, Associate Dean for Student Engagement, Hamilton-Williams Campus Center 2nd floor, Dean of Students Office, email@example.com
- Public Safety, (740) 368-2222, Welch Hall 133
- Residential Life, (740) 368-3175, Hamilton-Williams Campus Center 225
** Residential Life always has a professional staff member on-call. Please call Public Safety if it is after-hours, but you want to speak to an on-call staff member.
- Maryhaven in Delaware, a rehab facility that offers addiction treatment, (740) 203-3800, 88 North Sandusky St., Delaware, Ohio
- Alcoholics Anonymous: 614-253-8501, Ohio toll-free 800-870-3795
- Narcotics Anonymous: 818-773-9999
- Alcohol Screening Tool: This tool can help you find out if your drinking patterns are safe, risky, or harmful. It will take only a few minutes and will generate personalized results based on your age, gender, and drinking patterns. Your responses are completely confidential and anonymous.
- American Council on Alcoholism: A not-for-profit, voluntary educational organization that tries to promote understanding among individuals, professionals, and organizations that alcoholism is a treatable illness. National Helpline: 800-527-5344
- National Council on Alcoholism and Drug Dependence: Provides prevention, education, and medical/scientific information and referral services to families and individuals seeking help with an addiction problem.
- National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism: Contains the most recent publications regarding alcohol use and physiological effects on the brain.
- College Drinking – Changing the Culture