Many organizations offer competitive scholarships for post-undergraduate study, both in the United States and abroad. While a few fellowships target specific ethnic groups or academic disciplines, most are open to all applicants in any field of study. Many of them can be applied to tuition for graduate study.
Organizations typically require that applications be submitted in October or November of your senior year. In addition, a number of fellowships require nomination by the applicant’s undergraduate institution, in which case Ohio Wesleyan has an earlier deadline for submission.
Because competition for these grants is intense and the time frame brief, preparation should begin to prepare during the spring semester of your junior year.
- APA Minority Fellowship Program
- Consortium for Graduate Study in Management
- Hearst Fellowship
- ISI Graduate Fellowships
- James Madison Graduate Fellowship
- NIH Postbaccalaureate Intramural Research Training Award
- NSEP David L. Boren Graduate Fellowship
- NSF Graduate Research Fellowship
- Woodrow Wilson Teaching Fellowship