Admissions Recruiter - New York Arts Program, Ohio Wesleyan University
New York Arts Program (NYAP), a domestic study away program focused on the arts and creative industries, seeks an Admissions Recruiter. The Recruiter will work with the Executive Director to identify and communicate with prospective students within existing partner colleges and identify and assist in cultivating new relationships with colleges and universities targeted in NYAP’s Strategic Plan. The ideal candidate will possess exceptional communications and planning skills, knowledge of and enthusiasm for the arts, knowledge of New York as a global cultural capital; and genuine interest in engaging and working with promising creative students.
The Admissions Recruiter will participate in off-campus study and career fairs and conferences as assigned by the Executive Director; manage social media outreach; coordinate campus ambassadors (program alumni who represent serve as a resource for information about NYAP on their respective campuses) and track follow-up on with prospective students and school contacts to inform students, faculty and advisors about the opportunities NYAP offers students interested in careers and/or graduate study.
The New York Arts Program is now nearing its 50th anniversary having served thousands of students in the performing, visual, media and communication arts. Managed by Ohio Wesleyan University and open to students of all accredited colleges and universities NYAP offers students rigorous combination of academic and experiential opportunities that support learning goals. We prepare students to participate in an increasingly interdisciplinary, networked, and global cultural environment, and help each of them build a path to their goals and hone the skills that sustain creativity where ever that path leads them. Students who have participated in the program include artists, designers, writers, technicians, administrators, teachers and entrepreneurs.
Under the supervision of the Executive Director the Admissions Recruiter:
- articulates the program’s mission to prospective students, and interacts with Study Away/Study Abroad and Career Centers through participation in events and conferences.
- helps plan and execute creative on-line and in person recruitment events;
- contributes to the program’s on-going social media presence and manages specific social media outreach efforts,
- develops calendar, researches and plans school visits within specified geographic areas; maintains communications with prospective students.
- Tracks long and short term cultivation engaging students ranging from those who express early interest, those making a junior and senior study way decisions and those considering post-bac participation in NYAP.
In order to support these duties, the AR will:
- Familiarize themselves with Higher-Ed study-away conventions and procedures, with particular attention to partner schools, including financial aid portability, deadlines, and academic requirements.
- Communicate regularly with NYAP Faculty and staff to stay abreast of opportunities in each of the fields covered by the program: Performing Arts, Visual Arts, Media and Writing and Publishing.
- Familiarize themselves with organizations, resources and media that engage with college age arts students nation-wide.
- Bachelor’s Degree – preferably with an arts major or minor
- Demonstrable writing and verbal communication skills
- Experience in HE admissions, counseling, sales/marketing or related field is preferred
- Ability to travel with frequent over-night stays; drivers’ license required
- Basic knowledge of New York City and its cultural landscape required
The Recruiter will be expected to travel frequently. Most travel will occur during the Fall (September through mid-November). Highly competitive candidates wishing to work remotely from outside NYC with will be considered with the understanding that they will be required to come to NYC for orientation and subsequently to observe the program at least once a semester. The AR is an employee of Ohio Wesleyan University.
Completed application packets will include
- Cover Letter
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- The names, titles, & contact information for three professional references.
Please email application materials to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline for application is October 1, 2017.
Ohio Wesleyan University is strongly committed to diversity within its community and encourages all interested applicants, including women and minorities, to apply (EEOE).