Assistant Director for Young Alumni and Student Engagement
Ohio Wesleyan University is a selective, private, residential, undergraduate liberal arts institution founded in 1842 and located 20 miles north of Columbus.
The University’s Division of Advancement invites applications for an Assistant Director of Young Alumni and Student Engagement. Reporting to the Director of Alumni Relations and partnering with the University Advancement staff, the Assistant Director is responsible for the identification, cultivation, and stewardship of young alumni and creating opportunities for young alumni to become further engaged with Ohio Wesleyan. The Assistant Director will also oversee the student alumni association and programming that builds student’s understanding of their future role as alumni and the Alumni Admissions program which offers engagement opportunities for all alumni around recruitment of future Ohio Wesleyan students.
Young Alumni Engagement
- Responsible for creating, managing and executing an engagement plan for young alumni that encourages and fosters their life-long relationship with Ohio Wesleyan.
- Manages a portfolio of young alumni prospects in order to cultivate and develop as part of an overall engagement strategy.
- Creates social media strategy for young alumni and manages communication plan for outreach
Class Reunion Program
- Responsible for overseeing volunteer recruitment, management and motivation for the 5th, 10th & 15th
- Works in partnership with annual giving team members to create robust reunion committees to encourage alumni engagement and participation in the support of their class gift.
Young Alumni/Student Programs
- Serves as co-advisor to the newly created student alumni association, OWUSAA. Oversees, guides and mentors OWUSAA members to ensure alignment with University Advancement goals
- Works with campus partners to create and develop unique programming that brings students and alumni together and supports the building of student engagement and giving earlier at OWU.
- Manages the Graduating Class Trustee Election annually
Alumni Admissions Program
- Responsible for the management of the Alumni/Parent Admissions Recruitment Team (A/PART) and helps to identify and recruit A/PART volunteers.
- Serves as the Alumni Relations liaison to the Admission Committee of the Alumni Board.
- Works in partnership with Admissions team to create meaningful opportunities for alumni to support Admissions efforts and communicates regularly with volunteers.
- Maintains support resources for A/PART volunteers and develops communication to keep volunteers connected with OWU.
Secondary Functions (Other Duties)
- Maintain open communications with alumni; provide assistance when asked by alumni; provide follow-up with alumni when necessary.
- Work within the fiscal budget when planning and implementing programs;
- Perform other related duties for University/Alumni Relations as assigned.
- Develop skills in the latest technology pertinent to your position. Familiarity with Raisers Edge, Blackbaud and BBNC preferred
- Qualified candidates will have a Bachelor’s degree and minimum of two (2) years of experience in volunteer management, alumni relations and/or development.
- The ability for some travel and to work occasionally on weekends and evenings
- An aptitude for collaborating with others and balancing multiple deadlines in a fast-paced work environment.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Social media experience using a variety of platforms
- Serve as a positive member of the University Advancement staff contributing towards achievement of goals related to the University Advancement Division, alumni participation and the university community.
Completed applications will include:
- Letter of interest (cover letter) with salary requirements,
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- The names, titles and contact information for three professional references.
Please email application materials to: email@example.com
Application review will begin immediately and will continue until position is filled.
Ohio Wesleyan University, a private liberal arts college located 20 miles north of Columbus, in Delaware, Ohio, promotes and celebrates an inclusive environment free from constraints in areas of culture, race, sex, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, religion, family relationship, or economic barriers. Applications by members of all underrepresented groups are encouraged as OWU is an equal opportunity institution and has a strong commitment to supporting diversity, equity and inclusion.