Assistant Director of Annual Giving (2)
Ohio Wesleyan University is a selective, private, undergraduate liberal arts, residential institution founded in 1842 and is located just 20 miles North of Columbus. The University’s Division of Advancement invites applications for an Assistant Director of Annual Giving. Reporting to the Director of Annual Giving, and partnering with the University Advancement staff, the Assistant Director is responsible for the identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of alumni and parent donors to the annual giving programs. The Assistant Director will serve as traveling annual giving officer to maximize the donor’s potential and interest in Ohio Wesleyan University through face to face meetings. The position is expected to assist in identification of prospects for major gifts to the Connect Today, Create Tomorrow campaign.
This position requires significant travel, including some overnight and out-of-state trips. The successful candidate will communicate the goals and mission of Ohio Wesleyan University to donors, parents, alumni and friends through face-to-face meetings, substantive phone conversations and in writing. The successful candidate must be able to work independently and as part of a team, be highly motivated and take a proactive approach to his or her work.
- Identify, cultivate, solicit and steward current and potential donors to annual giving programs by engaging prospects in a variety of medias (face-to-face, phone, in writing). A minimum of 150 meetings in addition to extensive phone calls.
- Manage a portfolio of assigned prospects, as well as identify new prospects, in order to strategize, cultivate, solicit, and close annual gifts. Specifically focusing on identified key markets as well as alumni celebrating their 25th reunion.
- Collaborate with members of the annual giving team on leadership annual giving donors.
- Collaborate with major gifts, planned giving, and the alumni relations teams in order to maximize prospect and donor relationships with Ohio Wesleyan University.
- Functions as a team player within Annual Giving, Development and University Advancement.
- Effectively communicate results of contacts to appropriate personnel, such as other University Advancement and University staff and utilize Raiser’s Edge to document the call reports and other relevant information about donor and prospect moves management.
Qualified candidates will have a Bachelor’s Degree in a related field and a minimum of two to four (2-4) years of fundraising experience, preferably in the field of higher education in which at least one (1) year included personal solicitation of donors, in person or over the phone, is critical. Other qualifications include: the ability for significant travel and to work occasionally on weekends and evenings, strong computer skills, attention to detail, ability to take initiative, excellent verbal and written communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills and a valid drivers' license.
Completed application packets will include:
- Cover Letter with salary requirements,
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- The names, titles, & contact information for three professional references.
Please email application materials to: email@example.com
Application review will begin immediately and will continue until position is filled.
Ohio Wesleyan University is strongly committed to diversity within its community and encourages all interested applicants, including women and minorities, to apply (EEOE).