Assistant Director of Annual Giving – Parents and 25th Reunion
Ohio Wesleyan University seeks an enthusiastic and driven individual to serve as the Assistant Director of Annual Giving. Reporting to the Director of Annual Giving, and partnering with the University Advancement staff, the Assistant Director is responsible for the personal cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of annual gifts specifically focused on current and past parents and alumni from the 19th-26th years post-graduation. This position oversees annual fundraising efforts and communication efforts for the Parents Fund and OWU Parent Community and management of the Parents Leadership Council. This position also oversees fundraising strategy and volunteer management for the milestone 25th reunion program, the five years leading up to the reunion, including the 20th reunion, and the year following the 25th reunion.
The successful candidate will communicate the goals and mission of Ohio Wesleyan University to donors, parents, and alumni through face-to-face meetings, substantive phone conversations, and in writing. The successful candidate must be comfortable soliciting parents and alumni for annual gifts. Some travel to meet with prospects in Ohio required and limited travel in across the country. Occasional attendance at student activities and events strongly encouraged.
The successful candidate will have experience in annual giving with a strong emphasis on volunteer management. The candidate must be collaborative and able to thrive in a team environment. Experience working in higher education, parent programming or non-profit organization preferred.
Specific Responsibilities Include
- Identify, cultivate, solicit, and steward current and potential donors to annual giving programs by engaging prospects in a variety of media (face-to-face, phone, in writing). A minimum of 75 meetings in addition to extensive phone calls.
- Administers the recruitment, solicitation, training, and management of the Parents Leadership Council.
- Communicates and partners with multiple University departments on outreach to the OWU parent community, including but not limited to the parent newsletter.
- Works closely in conjunction with research team on identification of parents and alumni.
- Plans and manages parent cultivation and stewardship activities during University events such as Orientation, Family Weekend, and Commencement.
- In partnership with Alumni Relations, administers the recruitment, training, motivation, and management of fundraising volunteers for two class reunion programs.
- Oversees the recruitment, training, motivation, and management of class fundraising volunteers from the 19th to 26th reunions.
- Provides information and assistance to volunteers to support their peer to peer recruitment, solicitations, and other assignments. Follow up with volunteers to ensure completion of assigned responsibilities.
- Collaborate with Major Gifts, Planned Giving, and the Alumni Relations teams in order to maximize prospect and donor relationships with Ohio Wesleyan University.
- Functions as a team player within Annual Giving, Development and University Advancement.
- Effectively communicate results of contacts to appropriate personnel, such as other University Advancement and University staff, and utilize Raiser’s Edge to document the call reports and other relevant information about donor and prospect moves management.
Qualified candidates will have a Bachelor’s Degree in a related field and a minimum of two to four (2-4) years of fundraising experience, preferably in the field of higher education in which at least one (1) year included personal solicitation of donors and/or management of volunteers. Other qualifications include: the ability to travel for occasional personal solicitation and to attend regional events and to work occasionally on weekends and evenings, organize and work with volunteers, strong computer skills, attention to detail, a basic knowledge of athletics, ability to take initiative, excellent verbal and written communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills and a valid drivers' license.
Completed applications will include:
- Cover Letter
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- The names, titles and contact information for three professional references.
Please email application materials to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application review will begin immediately and will continue until position is filled.
Ohio Wesleyan University, a private liberal arts college located 20 miles north of Columbus, in Delaware, Ohio, promotes and celebrates an inclusive environment free from constraints in areas of culture, race, sex, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, religion, family relationship, or economic barriers. Applications by members of all underrepresented groups are encouraged as OWU is an equal opportunity institution and has a strong commitment to supporting diversity, equity and inclusion.