Assistant Director of Athletics for Operations and Student Development
Ohio Wesleyan University is a selective, private, undergraduate liberal arts, residential institution founded in 1842 and is located just 20 miles north of Columbus. The University’s Athletic Department invites applications for the position of Assistant Athletic Director for Operations and Student Development. This is a 12-month, full benefits position working under the direct supervision of the Director of Athletics.
The successful candidate will work in conjunction with the Director of Athletics to provide strategic leadership and vision to the athletics department, including but not limited to developing and implementing policies and procedures for the department that ensures its administrative and operational effectiveness and day-to-day operations including facilities and event management for all 25 sports. The Assistant Athletics Director will provide strategic planning and programming initiatives on student-athlete education and retention. The Assistant Director will represent the athletics department as appropriate on campus, in the conference, and with the NCAA.
This role requires a Master’s degree and a minimum of three years of professional experience in progressively responsible administrative roles. A successful candidate for the position must have:
- Comprehensive knowledge of intercollegiate athletics programs.
- Demonstrated experience in:
- Creating and implementing policies and procedures that ensure an exceptional student-athlete experience, competitive success, robust administrative support, and efficient department operations.
- Managing day-to-day department operations, including contest and facility management.
- Developing, implementing and assessing student development, retention and educational programs.
- Budget management and long range planning.
- Ability to develop effective relationships and collaborate with all departments across the university and to work effectively with a wide range of people.
- An ability for fostering and managing change within an organization.
- Ability to think and plan strategically in order to develop and implement short and long-range plans that meet program needs.
- Ability to set priorities to achieve objectives and to manage multiple, diverse assignments/projects.
- A track record of strong and positive management experience.
- Ability to analyze and evaluate operations and develop creative solutions and make sound decisions.
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication and listening skills.
- A sense of humor and a dynamic, welcoming personality.
- A commitment to students and their personal development.
- Demonstrated commitment to fostering a department culture that values equity, integrity, and inclusiveness.
Completed application packets will include:
- Cover Letter with salary requirements,
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- The names, titles, & contact information for three professional references.
Please email application materials to: email@example.com
Application review will begin immediately and will continue until position is filled.
Ohio Wesleyan University is strongly committed to diversity within its community and encourages all interested applicants, including women and minorities, to apply (EEOE).