Assistant Director of Human Resources/Employment Specialist
Ohio Wesleyan University is a selective, private, undergraduate liberal arts, residential institution founded in 1842 and is located just 20 miles north of Columbus.
The Human Resources Department invites applications for an Assistant Director of Human Resources/Employment Specialist position. This position is primarily responsible for the efficient operation of the employment function within the University, and assisting the Director of Human Resources with special projects and the strategic management of the human resources function.
- Coordinate the University’s employment process which includes: processing of requisitions, job postings, resume/CV receipt and routing, applicant tracking, employment offer letter generation, and statistical analysis of recruiting efforts.
- Input new faculty and staff employees into HRIS and coordination of employment paperwork including processing of pre-employment contingencies.
- Participate on and provide training to search committees on search process, best practices, legal and diversity issues, etc.
- Research and provide recommendations on initiatives that will streamline current human resources processes with a focus on automation resulting in greater departmental efficiency and effectiveness.
- Research/develop/revise, implement and communicate policy and procedure changes.
- Participate in the strategic planning and goal setting process for the department.
- Prepare and submit timely reports required by law to be filed with federal and state agencies, and coordinate and prepare various reports related to benefits programs for internal purposes.
- Investigate employee grievances and recommend appropriate action to the supervisor and Director of Human Resources.
- Collaborate with managers and supervisors in the interest of employee relations as necessary.
- Management of vendor relationships for assigned areas of responsibility as well as maintaining external vendor agreements.
- Participate in the preparation and management of the human resources department budget.
- Coordinate campus wide employee engagement programs (satisfaction survey, benefits fair, wellness programs, etc.).
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum of five years of human resources experience required, and within a higher education setting preferred.
- Graduate degree and PHR or CEBS certification preferred.
- Strong analytical ability, process improvement skills, customer service focused, ability to meet deadlines, and highly organized, are all required skills.
- Additional requirements include strong attention to detail; the ability to define problems and recommend alternative solutions; and excellent computer skills especially using Word and Excel.
Completed application packets will include:
- Cover Letter with salary requirements
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- The names, titles, and contact information for three professional references
Please email application materials to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application review will begin October 16th and will continue until position is filled.
Ohio Wesleyan University is strongly committed to diversity within its community and encourages all interested applicants, including women and minorities, to apply (EEOE).