Assistant Manager – OWU Campus Store
Ohio Wesleyan University is a selective, private, undergraduate liberal arts, residential institution founded in 1842. The University is located in the City of Delaware, just 20 miles north of Columbus. The University’s Office of Finance invites applications for Assistant Manager for the OWU Campus Store. This position is responsible for assisting the Manager in supervising and managing store operation.
- Supervise the work activities of the staff.
- Schedule work hours for part-time sales staff.
- Train new sales staff.
- Ensure sales associates follow university and store policies, procedures and standards executing white glove treatment to customers.
- Ensure the proper merchandising standards, promotion standards, creating displays, etc.
- Greet customers and answer phones and provide information, direct callers and resolve escalated issues.
- Receive, verify and unload orders as necessary.
- Operate cash register and store computer to accept payments, place orders, make change adhering to safe cash handling procedures including balancing cash drawer and preparing bank deposits.
- Stock shelves and take inventory per store schedule.
- Order general merchandise approved by the manager.
- Assist manager when needed with course related text and supplies, adoption data entering, receiving, returning unused materials and rental returns.
- Execute merchandising standards, promotion standards, creating displays, etc.
- May fill in for other personnel during breaks, lunch, vacation or peak seasonal periods, including register operations, shipping/receiving, textbooks, and various departments throughout the store.
- Key holder with opening and closing responsibilities.
- Calculate deposits, count cash drawers, count the safe, balance cash, credit cards and checks to register tapes. Check invoices against purchase orders and credit memos against charge-backs to ensure accuracy. Investigate the reason for cash drawers not balancing.
- Apply shrink prevention practices and activities.
- 2 years of leadership or management experience of staff, scheduling, merchandising and training in a retail environment.
- 2 years’ experience with business money management consisting of accounts payable & receivable and bank deposits.
- Applicant will need to consent to a background screening.
- Strong knowledge of computer office systems and ability to research.
- Knowledge of loss prevention very helpful.
- Ability to stand for extended amounts of time, bend, kneel, reach, turn, reach arms over head, lift and carry up to 40 lbs.
- Associate Degree
- Bookstore experience
Completed application packets will include:
- Cover Letter with salary requirements.
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae.
- The names, titles, & contact information for three professional references.
Please email application materials to: email@example.com
Application review will begin immediately and will continue until position is filled.
Ohio Wesleyan University is strongly committed to diversity within its community and encourages all interested applicants, including women and minorities, to apply (EEOE).