Assistant Professor of Health & Human Kinetics - Nutrition
Ohio Wesleyan University is a selective, private, undergraduate liberal arts, residential institution founded in 1842 and is located just 20 miles north of Columbus.
The Department of Health & Human Kinetics at Ohio Wesleyan University is accepting applications for a three-year Assistant Professor position (with the potential for conversion to tenure-track), focused on nutrition, beginning August 2018. The Department is seeking candidates who can help to build a dynamic new nutrition program.
Teaching responsibilities include courses in food and nutrition, lifespan nutrition, human nutrition, nutrition counseling, global nutrition, and sport and exercise nutrition, and direction of mentored internships and student projects. The candidate will have the opportunity to shape and grow the new Nutrition major at Ohio Wesleyan University, through the development of course content and pedagogies, practical student experiences, and community outreach.
Additional responsibilities include reliable and committed academic advising, scholarship including mentored student research, and departmental committee work. Candidate must have earned doctorate in human nutrition, public health nutrition, or a closely related field. ABD candidates will be considered if doctorate will be earned by the start of classes in August 2018. Preferential consideration will be given to candidates with experience in course and program development.
- Earned Doctorate in human nutrition, public health nutrition, or related field by August 2018.
- Course and program development experience.
- Evidence of successful teaching at the college level.
- Ability to teach and support the department across introductory and advanced level courses.
- Scholarship commensurate with academic experience.
- Active in regional, state or national professional organizations.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Knowledge and application of instructional technology.
Completed application packets will include:
- Formal letter of application,
- Current curriculum vitae,
- Written statement of teaching philosophy
- A research statement
- Complete set of official transcripts
- Three (3) letters of recommendation
Application materials should be sent electronically to: email@example.com
The deadline for applications is October 30, 2017. Review of applications will begin on October 1, 2017 and will continue until the deadline.
Ohio Wesleyan University is strongly committed to diversity within its community and encourages all interested applicants, including women and minorities, to apply (EEOE).