Botany and Microbiology Laboratory Manager
Ohio Wesleyan University is a selective, private, undergraduate liberal arts, residential institution founded in 1842 and is located just 20 miles north of Columbus, OH.
The Department of Botany and Microbiology invites applicants for a Department Lab Manager.
Come join us and help provide world-class field and laboratory experiences to undergraduate students in a positive and cohesive work environment! This is a part-time, 20 hour a week, nine month, hourly position.
- Set-up, tear-down, and clean-up of multiple weekly plant and microbial laboratory sessions
- Preparation of various media (bacterial, plant, fungal, cell culture)
- Maintenance of stock cultures and sub-culturing as required to support laboratory activities
- Manage and oversee student employees
- Coordination of maintenance of lab equipment, instruments, and facilities
- Coordination of purchasing of supplies and materials, inventory management
- Other responsibilities as requested to maintain the functions of the department
- Aseptic technique for microbiological culturing
- Experience with various bench techniques in microbiology and molecular biology (Gram staining, microscopy, PCR, gel electrophoresis, cloning)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and a record of collaboration with others
- Record of independent work and ability to identify and complete tasks without direct supervision
Completed application packets will include:
- Cover Letter addressing the fulfillment of qualifications
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- The names, titles, and contact information for three professional references
Please email application materials to: email@example.com
Application review will begin immediately and will continue until position is filled.
Ohio Wesleyan University, a private liberal arts college located 20 miles north of Columbus, in Delaware, Ohio, promotes and celebrates an inclusive environment free from constraints in areas of culture, race, sex, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, religion, family relationship, or economic barriers. Applications by members of all underrepresented groups are encouraged as OWU is an equal opportunity institution and has a strong commitment to supporting diversity, equity and inclusion.