Exam Proctor – Part-time
Ohio Wesleyan University is a selective, private, undergraduate liberal arts, residential institution founded in 1842. The University is located in the City of Delaware, just 20 miles north of Columbus. The University’s Sagan Academic Resource Center invites applications for Disability Services Center Exam Proctor. The exam proctor position will be responsible for working with faculty and staff to provide an accessible distraction reduced testing space for students with disabilities. This is a 9-month, hourly, part-time position with no benefits. Weeks/hours of employment- Fall and spring semester Week 1 - Week 16 Monday - Thursday 10 a.m. - 4 p.m. Hours will vary during finals (week 16). There may be an occasional Friday during the semester.
- Maintain DSC testing center area
- Prep and maintain testing center computers
- Ensure all testing supplies are available
- Maintain online scheduling form
- Monitor exam scheduling requests on DSC exam google drive
- Schedule exams on DSC Testing Center Calendar
- Email instructors with notifications and reminders
- Email students with confirmed testing dates and times
- Print & prepare exams
- Monitor the front desk and proctor exams during testing hours
- Document and report if there is a student issue or breach of exam integrity
- Seal and deliver completed exams
This position will provide an opportunity for individuals to work with students with disabilities. The individual will learn about the ADA, accommodations and provide access and additional support through exam accommodations. The individual will become knowledgeable in assistive technology software and how it impacts student success. The individual will have access to confidential student information and will be held to FERPA guidelines. The position is part time with time off during student breaks and during the summer term.
This position requires attention to detail and continuous communication with faculty and staff during working hours. The individual will be required to work with multiple departments on campus to ensure exam integrity and delivery. The person will also need to work closely with the Disability Services Coordinator to trouble student/faculty/staff exam concerns.
- A high school diploma or equivalent.
- Multi-tasking and attention to detail.
- Basic knowledge of computers
- Experience with the following software programs will be required: Microsoft Word, Google Drive, email and calendar.
Knowledge of assistive technology software such as Read Write Gold, Dragon Naturally Speaking, and JAWS.
Completed application packets will include:
- Cover Letter with salary requirements.
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae.
- The names, titles, & contact information for three professional references.
Please email application materials to: email@example.com
Application review will begin immediately and will continue until position is filled.
Ohio Wesleyan University is strongly committed to diversity within its community and encourages all interested applicants, including women and minorities, to apply (EEOE).