Click here for the application: 2018 Summer Housing Application
Applications due by Wednesday, April 25, 2018 by 5:00 p.m.
Summer Housing Application Items of Note
- Summer housing costs are one lump sum and cover the entire summer term (May 22-June 22). Students registered for summer housing during the summer term will be charged one rate, regardless of their length of stay.
- Students will be responsible for keeping their rooms and the residence hall clean. A Housekeeping schedule for bathrooms and common areas will be provided in May to students assigned to summer housing.
- All rules in the Student Handbook apply during the summer.
- If you require housing for the entire summer, you will need to move to your fall housing assignment in late July or early August, and check out of your summer assignment properly. You will be charged the daily summer housing rate until the residence halls open for the Fall 2018 semester.
- You must agree to the terms of the Summer Housing Contract in order to complete the online application.
2018 Summer Housing Important Dates
- Wednesday, April 25, 2018 (5:00 p.m.) – Summer housing applications are due.
- Wednesday, May 9, 2018 at 12 p.m. (noon) – Halls close for all students not graduating and not approved to stay late. Students staying on campus will begin being charged for summer housing.
- Sunday, May 13, 2018 at 12 p.m. (noon) – All students must vacate the residence halls and houses unless they are assigned to summer housing.
- Sunday, May 13, 2018 at 12 p.m. (noon)--All students assigned to summer housing who live in SLUs, Stuyvesant, Honors House, and Smith West will consolidate in to Bashford through Alumni Weekend.
- Sunday, May 20, 2018 (5 p.m. or later) – Students who left campus and are returning for summer session will move in SLUs.
- Thursday, May 24, 2018-Sunday, May 27, 2018--Students who remain in Bashford and other residential facilities around campus will move in to SLUs.
- Saturday, June 23, 2018 at 5 p.m. – Summer school students must have checked out of their summer school housing assignment.
- Late July-Early August 2018 (TBA) – Students staying until the Fall semester will begin moving to their Fall housing assignment.
- August 18, 2018 – The last date for which students will be charged for summer.
Students may apply for summer housing for any date between May 9, 2018 and August 18, 2018.
If you are staying for the entire summer you will be billed for May 9, 2018 and August 18, 2018.
If you are staying for summer school only, you will be billed for May 20, 2018 through June 23, 2018. If you are approved for additional dates (arriving early or staying late), you will be charged a daily rate for extra days.
Students working for designated summer scientific research programs will not be billed for summer housing. International students and those attending summer school will be billed for summer housing. Students working for a department on campus may or may not be charged for housing (some departments cover housing costs for the summer). If you are not sure which applies to you, please inquire with the program with which you will be working or in the Residential Life Office.
The charge for summer housing is $25/day. You will be charged for all days that you are in possession of your room and room keys even if there are days that you choose not to occupy the room. Charges for summer housing will be placed on your student account on a monthly basis. If you prefer not to have charges placed on your student account, you may pay in cash or check in advance at the Residential Life Office. Students who work 25hrs/week as OWU employees will be charged a daily rate of $10/day.
Summer School: Summer school residents will be assigned to live in SLUs. Summer school room rates are $970. If you need to move in earlier or move out later than the dates provided, you will be charged $25/day for each additional day that you occupy your room.
Entire Summer: Students who require housing for the entire summer will be assigned to live in the SLUs. Summer rates for this building are $25/day. Students who work 25hrs/week as OWU employees will be charged $10/day.