2017 Summer Housing Application. Applications due by Wednesday, April 26, 2017 by 5:00 p.m.
Summer Housing Application Items of Note
- Students registering for summer housing will not be permitted to move in and out as their plans/schedules changes. You must register for ONE period of time. (Once in housing, you will remain assigned until you move out or to your fall assignment).
- Students will be responsible for keeping their rooms and the residence hall clean. A Housekeeping schedule for bathrooms and common areas will be provided in May to students assigned to summer housing.
- All rules in the Student Handbook apply during the summer.
- If you require housing for the entire summer, you will need to move to your fall housing assignment in August and check out of your summer assignment properly. You will be charged the daily summer housing rate until the residence halls open for the Fall 2017 semester.
- You must agree to the terms of the Summer Housing Contract in order to complete the online application.
- Wednesday, April 26, 2017 (5:00 p.m.) – Summer housing applications are due
- Wednesday, May 10, 2017 at 12 p.m. (noon) – Halls close for all students not graduating and not approved to stay late. Students staying on campus will begin being charged for summer housing.
- Sunday, May 14, 2017 at 12 p.m. (noon) – All students must vacate the residence halls and houses unless they are assigned to summer housing.
- Sunday, May 21, 2017 (10:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.) – Summer school move-in at Welch Hall
- Saturday, June 24, 2016 at 6 p.m. – Summer school students must have checked out of their summer school housing assignment.
- August 2017 (TBA) – Students staying until the Fall semester will begin moving to their Fall housing assignment.
- August 19, 2017 – The last date for which students will be charged for summer housing.
Students may apply for summer housing for any date between May 10, 2017 and August 19, 2017.
If you are staying for the entire summer you will be billed for May 10, 2017 and August 19, 2017.
If you are staying for summer school only, you will be billed for May 21, 2017 through June 24, 2017. If you are approved for additional dates (arriving early or staying late), you will be charged a daily rate for extra days.
Students working for designated summer scientific research programs will not be billed for summer housing. International students and those attending summer school will be billed for summer housing. Students working for a department on campus may or may not be charged for housing (some departments cover housing costs for the summer). If you are not sure which applies to you, please inquire with the program with which you will be working or in the Residential Life Office.
The charge for summer housing is $27/day. You will be charged for all days that you are in possession of your room and room keys even if there are days that you choose not to occupy the room. Charges for summer housing will be placed on your student account on a monthly basis. If you prefer not to have charges placed on your student account, you may pay in cash or check in advance at the Residential Life Office.
Summer School: Summer school residents will be assigned to Welch Hall. Summer school room rates are $970. Summer school check in will be on Sunday, May 21, 2017. If you need to move in early or move out late, you will be charged $27/day for each additional day that you occupy your room. Summer school check-out will be on Saturday, June 24, 2017.
Entire Summer: Students who require housing for the entire summer will be assigned to Welch Hall. Summer rates for this building are $27/day. Check in will occur on or after May 11, 2017. Residents will be notified as soon as their room is ready for move-in.