To apply for a Spring Break Interfaith Service Team:
1. Complete the online Spring Break Interfaith Service Week 2019 Application Form.
2. Submit a one- to two-page essay by email (Word, RTF, or PDF format).
Things to include in your essay:
- Why do you want to participate in Spring Break Interfaith Service Week as a program?
- Beyond that interest, what draws you to each of the specific teams that you preferenced?
- Your essay is the PRIMARY deciding factor for the selection committee.
(Suggestion: Don’t focus your remarks only on your first-choice team. Should you not to be selected for that team, you then are at a disadvantage regarding placement on other teams as the selection committee will have little information to gauge your interest in them.)
Your application and one- to two-page essay must be emailed to Chad Johns and received by 5 p.m., Monday, Sept. 24, 2018, to ensure consideration for this year’s mission program.
Please note that, due to the commitments required of team members in both semesters, if you are studying off campus in the fall or spring, you are not eligible to participate on an interfaith service team.
2019 Spring Break Interfaith Service Week Teams
Helping Houston Heal: Hurricane Harvey Recovery
- Crossroads of the Powerful and Powerless: Washington, DC
Gender, Sexuality, and Poverty: Navigating Overlapping Realities in New York City
Building and Rebuilding: Lakota Nation, SD
Connecting with the Community: Bucerias, Mexico
Details on the 2019 Spring Break Interfaith Service Week Teams can be found at Current Teams.