Counselors are carefully selected to represent the interests and experiences of the campers. They must have completed their college freshman year to apply. Recently, over half of the 20 counselors in the summer program each year are former OWjL campers.
The counselors attend or have attended: Denison University, Miami University, Ohio University, Ohio Wesleyan University, The Ohio State University, Sarah Lawerence College, University of Toledo, Vanderbilt University, Xavier University and Yale University... to name a few.
How To Apply
Interested applicants can download the Counselor Job Description PDF file found below.
To apply: New applicants must make sure their complete counselor application is on file with the OWjL Office by one of the deadline date: Priority - November 27, 2016 or Secondary - February 20, 2017.
A complete application includes:
- A completed new counselor application
- A current resume including information about experience working with teenagers or children as well as other work, camp, and leadership experience. Specify pertinent certifications in areas of CPR, Life Saving, and WSI including expiration dates.
- Two counselor reference forms completed by individuals other than family members.
Below are PDF files for downloading and online forms.
To obtain a hard copy of application forms via postal mail, contact the OWjL Office at 740-368-3939 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Counselor Application Submission Deadline: Priority - November 27, 2016 or Secondary - February 20, 2017
2017 PDF Downloads (to print, complete and mail):
- New OWjL Counselor Application Form (PDF)
- New OWjL Counselor Reference Form (PDF)
- Former OWjL Counselor Application Form (PDF)