Camp counselors are carefully selected to represent the interests and experiences of the campers. They must have completed their college freshman year to apply. Recently, over half of the 20 counselors in the summer program each year are former OWjL campers.
Past camp counselors attend or have attended: Denison University, Dickinson College, Kent State University, Ohio University, The Ohio State University, Ohio Wesleyan University, University of Alabama, University of Cincinnati, University of Dayton, Vanderbilt University, and Villanova University... to name a few.
How To Apply
Interested applicants can see the Camp Counselor Job Description PDF file found below.
To apply: New applicants must make sure their complete counselor application is on file with the OWjL Office by one of the deadline date: January 31, 2018.
A complete application for NEW camp counselor applicants include:
- A completed new counselor application
- A current resume including information about experience working with teenagers or children as well as other work, camp, and leadership experience. Specify pertinent certifications in areas of CPR, Life Saving, and WSI including expiration dates.
- Two counselor reference forms completed by individuals other than family members.
Below are PDF files for downloading and online forms.
To obtain a hard copy of application forms via postal mail, contact the OWjL Office at 740-368-3939 or email@example.com.
Camp Counselor Application Submission Deadline: January 31, 2018
All applications received on or before the deadline will be considered for interviews. Applications received after the deadline will be placed on the counselor wait list and will only be considered if additional positions become available.
Camp Counselor Online Forms (complete and submit online):
- New OWjL Camp Counselor Application Form
- OWjL Camp Counselor Reference Form (individuals giving a counselor reference to complete)
- Former OWjL Camp Counselor Application Form
2018 PDF Downloads (to print, complete and mail):
- New OWjL Camp Counselor Application Form (PDF)
- New OWjL Camp Counselor Reference Form (PDF)
- Former OWjL Camp Counselor Application Form (PDF)