Ohio Wesleyan University's goal is to offer the safest and most positive experience to all visitors on our campus while maintaining a safe living, learning, and working environment for our students, faculty, and staff.
Following guidance from the Ohio Department of Health and local health officials, we are not able to have on-campus visitors traveling from states reporting positive testing rates of 15% or higher for COVID-19. The list of states can be found here (the list is updated weekly on Wednesdays).
All visitors should review visit guidelines carefully. Protocols may be changed in real-time under the guidance of local, state, and national health organizations, and it is recommended to check this site frequently ahead of any planned visit.
Admission & Financial Aid Visitors
We are thrilled to welcome prospective families to our campus for a chance to see, in-person, the community our students call home. Students interested in OWU will join our staff and student tour guides to learn about the University and the admission and financial aid process. All visitors are required to review OWU's Admission Visit Guidelines to know what to expect during an on-campus experience.
- Daily campus tours are offered Monday-Friday at set times in small groups with 1-3 families.
Limited visit day opportunities allow families to tour campus and attend information sessions.
Virtual offerings will extend into the fall semester providing convenient ways to learn about OWU with Admission staff, faculty, and students.
Five Guidelines for All Non-Admission Visitors
OWU values our relationship with, and the safety of, our business partners, alumni, families, and friends. As OWU works to open the campus in phases and create a safe living and learning environment, we urge all visitors to review and adhere to the visit guidelines and protocols below.
- Hold virtual meetings whenever possible. OWU faculty and staff will be utilizing virtual meetings internally, even as most return to campus. During the phased reopening, faculty and staff may hold schedules that include both on-campus and remote work.
- Preschedule meetings and eliminate drop-in visits. OWU recommends all visitors schedule meetings in advance with any OWU community member. Drop-in visits inhibit the University's ability to conduct contact tracing in the unfortunate case of community spread of COVID-19.
- Call in advance to ask about health & safety protocols. OWU is working closely with local, state, and federal organizations to adhere to the most up-to-date protocols for protection against COVID-19. All visitors should reach out to the person they are scheduled to meet with for updated safety guidelines.
- Follow all health protocols while on campus. OWU has established a set of university-wide expectations to mitigate the spread of COVID-19 within our campus community. In addition, we ask all visitors respect and adhere to all protocol and safety signs posted throughout campus.
- Respect the fluidity of the situation and OWU's ongoing response. The pandemic has shifted nearly every aspect of how the University operates, teaches, recruits, and fundraises. We have a talented team of staff and faculty who consult regularly with experts and health officials to ensure OWU stays current and safe. We aim to communicate as often as necessary to share information.