We are OWU.
The Safe Campus Opening Task Force has established the following policies and guidelines to support everyone's health and safety during the pandemic. These university-wide policies and guidelines provide the foundation upon which other policies, procedures, and guidelines will be developed. By remembering the mnemonic “WE ARE OWU,” we hope everyone remembers the guidelines and embraces them as a community-health initiative.
Wear your face covering
Evaluate your health daily
Avoid unnecessary travel
Individuals should avoid unnecessary travel outside of the central Ohio area (100-mile radius from campus).
Remain six feet apart
Students who live in the same residence hall room do not need to adhere to the 6-foot distance requirement.
Engage your peers in protecting our community
Remember it is everyone’s responsibility to do their part to keep our community safe and healthy.
Observe university group size limits
Exceptions must be approved with attention to risk mitigation.
Wash your hands frequently
Wash your hands often for 20 seconds at a time, practice proper cough etiquette, and avoid touching your nose, mouth, and eyes with unwashed hands.
Respect and appreciate every person.
Protecting the health and safety of our OWU and local Delaware community is the responsibility of every member of the community. I recognize that my actions and choices have a significant health impact on others around me and can contribute to the success of the 2020-2021 academic year. With this understanding, I commit to the following for the benefit of myself and my community:
- I will put the health of others first, recognizing that others may have more vulnerable health conditions than I have.
- I will follow all university COVID-19 safety requirements, including wearing face coverings, washing and sanitizing my hands frequently, maintaining six feet between individuals, and not being in unauthorized groups larger than 50 people.
- I will monitor myself daily for the symptoms of COVID-19. If displaying symptoms such as fever of 100.4 F (38 C) or higher, dry cough, difficulty breathing, chills, repeated shaking with chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, or loss of taste or smell, I will immediately report these symptoms to the Student Health Center (for students) or the Human Resources Office (for employees), provide them approval to share the information with necessary university officials, and avoid contact with other members of the community.
- I will comply with testing protocols established by the university and will cooperate fully with contact tracing efforts and any necessary quarantine and isolation procedures.
- I will discourage unsafe and unsanitary behaviors in others when I see them. Options I have to discourage such behaviors include speaking with the individual with whom I have a concern and/or notifying resident advisors, my supervisor, or Public Safety.
- I will be kind to others, particularly when they remind me of safety protocols or when I am reminding others of them.