Students play a critical role in supporting the health, safety, and well-being of the entire Ohio Wesleyan campus community. This role has never been more important than during the COVID-19 pandemic, which can harm people of all ages. It is vital that everyone follow our safe campus guidelines, created in compliance with the latest public health information and State of Ohio orders, to help protect the university community from the coronavirus.
The spring 2021 term calendar has been adjusted. All classes begin remotely on February 3, 2021, and in-person learning begins on February 15, 2021 for those who are not electing to study remotely for the entire spring term. The changes in the academic calendar also have implications for students’ return to campus for spring 2021.
Students can arrive on campus on any of the dates and times below. Please note that arrivals at other dates and times are not permitted. All students will go through a check-in process as they arrive on campus for the spring 2021 semester. Students will be able to sign up to return to campus during the days and times listed below. We ask that all students arrive during these scheduled check-in times so we can appropriately screen all students for COVID-19 upon arrival on campus. Students can sign up for a spring 2021 check in via the ResLife Portal.
- Saturday, January 30 from 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Sunday, January 31 from 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Monday, February 1 from 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Tuesday, February 2 from 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Friday, February 12 from 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Saturday, February 13 from 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Sunday, February 14 from 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Students will go through two COVID-19 screenings prior to moving back into their residential space.
First, all students will be required to receive a viral test no earlier than 7 days before their arrival on campus this spring, and must submit those results to the university prior to their arrival:
- The purpose of this testing requirement is to help prevent the reintroduction of the virus to our campus community at the start of the spring semester, and to reduce the likelihood of a positive person sharing a room with another student while awaiting results from a test performed at the time of arrival.
- Those who receive a positive pre-arrival test should isolate off-campus until they are released by county health officials to resume normal activities, after which time they can arrive on campus.
- This screening must be a PCR or antigen test.
- More details will be shared with all students once the process for submitting the necessary documents is finalized.
- This pre-arrival test will be at each students’ expense, but the cost is usually covered at 100% by health insurance plans. The University has just recently advanced each student $170 to assist in covering this cost, if necessary.
- Commuter students will not need to complete this pre-arrival test.
All students, including commuters, will need to complete a check-in process at the beginning of the spring 2021 semester. All students who arrive on campus will be screened for COVID-19 a second time during their check-in process:
- This viral test will be paid for by the University.
- Students will not be able to use their ID cards to access campus buildings or their campus meal plan until they have been screened for COVID-19 at Ohio Wesleyan University.
- For the safety of the entire campus community, it is essential that all students follow our check-in process.
- Commuters will also need to complete the check-in process for spring and receive a viral test before classes begin.
- More information will also be provided in January about how this process will work, but all students who are studying and taking classes on-campus in spring 2021 should also go ahead and select a spring check-in time above.
See details about isolation and quarantine.
If you don’t already live on campus and are planning to do so this spring, but have not submitted a spring 2021 housing application, please visit the ResLife Portal to do so now. All students who lived away from campus in fall 2020 and want to move on to campus should fill out a spring 2021 housing application, even if they previously completed a fall 2020 housing application.
Thank you for your attention to this important information and process. If you have questions, please contact us as email@example.com.