Laurel J. Anderson
Morris Family Professor of Natural Sciences
Ph.D., University of Colorado, 1994
Laurie Anderson is a plant ecologist and holder of the Morris Family Professorship in Natural Sciences in the Department of Botany and Microbiology at Ohio Wesleyan University. She is also President of the Board of Directors for the Ecological Research as Education Network (EREN). Anderson’s research and teaching interests include temperate forest ecology, invasive plants, global environmental change, environmental issues in food production, and developing collaborative ecological projects across small colleges. She leads travel courses on global change in Brazil, Utah and Alaska. In 2015, she was recognized as the Ohio Professor of the Year by the Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching and the Council for Advancement and Support of Education.
- Bowne, D.R., B.J. Cosentino, L.J. Anderson, C. P. Bloch, S. Cooke, P. W. Crumrine, J. Dallas, A. Doran, J.J. Dosch, D. L. Druckenbrod, R. D. Durtsche, D. Garneau, K. S. Genet, T. S. Fredericksen, P.A. Kish, M.B. Kolozsvary, F.T. Kuserk, E.S. Lindquist, C. Mankiewicz, J.G. March, T.J. Muir, K.G. Murray, M.N. Santulli, F.J. Sicignano, P.D. Smallwood, R.A. Urban, K. Winnett-Murray, C.R. Zimmermann. 2018. Effects of urbanization on population structure of freshwater turtles across the United States. Conservation Biology. 32(5):1150-1161. DOI: 10.1111/cobi.13136.
- Anderson, L. J., S. L. Bunnell, J. R. Yates. 2017. Improving student learning through an interdisciplinary case study: exploring eutrophication in Lake Erie. Case Studies in the Environment 1: 1-11, DOI: 10.1525/cse.2017.000356.
- Simmons, J. A., L. J. Anderson, D. R. Bowne, J. J. Dosch, T. B. Gartner, M. F. Hoopes, K. Kuers, E. S. Lindquist, T. S. McCay, B. R. Pohlad, C. L. Thomas, K. L. Shea. 2016. Collaborative research networks provide unique opportunities for faculty and student researchers. Council of Undergraduate Research Quarterly 36(4): 12-18.
- * Blyth, L. H., L. J. Ouborg*, D. M. Johnson and L. J. Anderson. 2013. The short-term germination and establishment success of deer-dispersed seeds in mesic temperate forests. Journal of the Torrey Botanical Society 140: 334-348.
- Anderson, L. J. and D. Cipollini. 2013. Gas exchange, growth, and defense responses of invasive Alliaria petiolata (Brassicaceae) and native Geum vernum (Rosaceae) to elevated atmospheric CO2 and warm spring temperatures. American Journal of Botany 100: 1-11.
- Bowne, D. R., Downing, A. L., Hoopes, M. F., LoGiudice, K., Thomas, C. L., Anderson, L. J., Gartner, T., Hornbach, D. J., Kuers, K., Machado, J. L., Pohlad, F. B., Shea, K. L.. 2011. Transforming ecological science at primarily undergraduate institutions through collaborative networks. BioScience 61: 386-392.
- Anderson, L. J., J. D. Derner, H. W. Polley, W. S. Gordon, D. M. Eissenstat and R. B. Jackson. 2010. Root responses along a subambient to elevated CO2 gradient in a C3–C4 grassland. Global Change Biology 16: 454-468.