Below are small descriptions of alumni who majored in Microbiology at Ohio Wesleyan University.
If you would like your name to be featured on this page, please contact Suren Ambegaokar (email@example.com).
- Barbara Daniels Hetrick (Bacteriology, '79): Ph.D. (Oregon State U.). Current position: Dean, College of Arts & Sciences, University of North Florida
- Eileen Seeholzer (Microbiology & English, '91): M.D. ('95, Case Western U.). Current position: 2003-2005 Director, Weight Management Center MetroHealth, 2005-2015 Principal Investigator
- Andy Cooper (Microbiology, '94): M.P.H. ('96, Harvard U.), Ph.D. in Virology ('02, Harvard U.). Current position: Consultant with a biotech company in Boston, MA.
- Josh Obar (Microbiology, '01): Ph.D. in Immunology ('06, Dartmouth U.). Current position: Assistant Professor and Principal Investigator, Giesel School of Medicine at Dartmouth University. His research program focuses on pulmonary immunity and immunopathology during influenza A virus and Aspergillus fumigatus infections.
- Beth Ann Browne (Microbiology, '02): Ph.D. in Microbiology ('08, U. Wisconsin-Madison). Current position: Customer Application Specialist at the Dow Microbial Control Company in Collegeville, PA. Her specialties include experimental design of antimicrobial efficacy testing for paints, coatings, and fuel products to evaluate new biocidal ingredients.
- Chelsea D. Zimmer (Microbiology, '13): Worked previously at the Ohio Department of Health. Current position: Molecular Biologist at Astrix Technology Group.
- Justin Bellassai (Microbiology, ’15): Current position: Research Scientist for Boehringer Ingelheim Roxane Laboratories Inc. in Columbus, OH. He works in the analytical development department, product formulation support group, on new generics making their way through the R&D pipeline.
- Jazmine Quinn (Microbiology ‘15): Current position: Bioanalyst at Battelle Memorial Institute in Columbus, OH. She is on the CBRNE Defense and Applied Genomics & Biology team where she engages in contract government work pertaining to biodefense.
- Patrick Zmina (Microbiology & Psychology, ‘15): Current position: Research associate at the Comprehensive Cancer Center at Case Western Reserve University in Cleveland, OH.