FINANCE ECONOMICS Major: A total of 13.5 units consisting of the following:
- Required Courses: 9.5 units
- ECON 110, ECON 251, ECON 252, ECON 255 or ECON 259, ACCT 217, ACCT/BUS 280 (0.5 unit), BUS 361, BUS 462, BUS 465, and (MATH 105 or MATH 230 or PSYC 210). It is recommended that the statistics course be completed by the end of the sophomore year, as it is a prerequisite for ECON 251 and ECON 252. BUS 361 must be completed by fall semester of the junior year. Note that two of the required courses (BUS 462 and BUS 465) are offered only every other year. A grade of C- or better is required in the senior year course (either BUS 462 or BUS 465).
- Elective Courses: 4 upper-level units (numbered 250 or above)
- Finance Elective courses: 1 unit from ACCT 341, BUS 490, BUS 491, or BUS 495. The focus must be finance related and pre-approved by the department chair.
- Economics Elective courses: 3 Economics (ECON) units. Of these three units, at least one must be an Advanced course, and at least one must be an International course, with the remaining units from any other ECON courses. Recommended: ECON 255 or ECON 259, 355, 372, 378. NOTE: If both ECON 255 and ECON 259 are taken, one will serve as the required course, and the other may be used as one of the electives.
- Advanced courses: (an Advanced Course is one that has ECON 252 as a prerequisite) ECON 372, ECON 375, ECON 378, ECON 385, or ECON 387.
- International courses: ECON 282, ECON 345, ECON 353, ECON 370, and ECON 372. BUS 345 or BUS 476 may be taken to meet the international requirement, but three ECON electives are still required.
A maximum of two units from ECON or BUS 490A, BUS 490B, BUS 491, BUS 495 and BUS 499R may count toward the finance economics major. Only one unit of ECON 495 or BUS 495 may be counted.
Recommended: English 310 and MATH 110 for those considering graduate work in finance.