CAEP Annual Reporting Measures
CAEP (Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation) has eight annual reporting measures that provide information to the public on program impact and program outcome. The CAEP measures with links to supporting evidence for each measure are as follows:
Measures of Program Impact
Measure 1: Impact that completers’ teaching has on P-12 learning and development
- Value-Added Ratings (PDF) — a component of Ohio’s Accountability system, value-added calculations utilize data from state-tested subjects and grades to measure student growth.
Measure 2: Indicators of teaching effectiveness
- OTES Data (PDF) — administrator ratings of the performance of recent graduates, as mandated under OTES (Ohio Teacher Evaluation System).
Measure 3: Results of employer surveys, and including retention and employment milestones
- Employer Survey (PDF) — a survey of employers’ perceptions of recent graduates’ quality of preparation provided by Ohio Wesleyan University. Data collected by ODHE (Ohio Department of Higher Education).
- Resident Educator Data (PDF) — data on Ohio Wesleyan University graduates’ completion of the requirements of the Resident Educator program.
Measure 4: Results of completer surveys
- Pre-Service Survey (PDF) — a survey of student satisfaction with the quality of preparation provided by Ohio Wesleyan University. Pre-service teachers receive an invitation from ODHE to complete this survey during their culminating student teaching experience.
- EPP Alumni Survey (PDF) — a survey of alumni satisfaction with the quality of preparation provided by Ohio Wesleyan University. In-service teachers receive an invitation from ODHE to complete this survey as they enter Year Two of the Resident Educator Program.
Measures of Program Outcome and Consumer Information
Measure 5: Graduation rates from preparation programs
Measure 6: Ability of completers to meet licensing (certification) and any additional state requirements
Measure 7: Ability of completers to be hired in education positions for which they are prepared
- Employment Information (PDF) — employment information on graduates in their first and second year after program completion.
Measure 8: Student loan default rates and other consumer information