“The arts impact our lives each day and thus, are important to know and understand. I enjoy the creativity and imagination my students bring to the art room, as each is unique. Our lessons together will develop a deep appreciation for visual arts, and recognition of the many benefits of teaching and learning through art. Ultimately, I hope they, too, share the joys of art making through arts integration in their own classrooms.”
Cynthia L. Kerr
Part-Time Instructor in Fine Arts
- B.A.E., The Ohio State University
- M.A., The University of Rio Grande
Cynthia Kerr joined the department in 2006 teaching art to early childhood education majors and observing art education majors during their pre-service teaching experiences.
Kerr has taught visual arts, humanities, and arts integration at elementary schools in Iowa and Ohio. She is active in the local, state, and national art education associations. Currently, she is researching the general educator’s self-efficacy in teaching through arts integration.
- Ohio EPA Award for Excellent Grant Programming at Smith Elementary, 2011
- Artist of the Year, Delaware Arts Festival Foundation, 2010
- Central Region Ohio Art Education Association Art Teacher of the Year, 2009
- Ohio Alliance for Art Education - Board of Trustees Member
- National Art Education Association
- Ohio Art Education Association
- ASCD (formerly called Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development)
- Jefferson Fellows Academy for Leadership and Governance Alumni