Prior performance in a wind ensemble setting is typical for our musicians. However, a few passionate members have utilized OWU’s private lesson program (and a lot of practice) to become meaningful contributors to our performances. In short, we have a spot for all dedicated students who want to make music.
Seating auditions are used to determine which part assignment members are best suited for to help our balanced instrumentation.
Please prepare three examples of your performance ability:
- Technical excerpt: select a passage of music that demonstrates your best articulation clarity, rhythmic precision, and intonation.
- Lyrical excerpt: select a passage of music that demonstrates your best expressivity, dynamic contrast, and tone quality.
- Chromatic scale: any steady tempo as fast or slow as you wish, from your lowest to your highest range.
For percussionists, please share an example of snare drum or practice pad playing (e.g., rudiments, etudes, rhythm exercises) plus an example of at least one other percussion instrument (mallets, auxiliary equipment, timpani, etc). A live audition may be arranged if you need access to OWU equipment.
If you’re reading this before the start of a semester…
All students must complete this Google Form to make arrangements for their wind ensemble seating audition:
Student Info and Seating Audition Selection (Google Form – Fall 2020)
- GOOGLE FORM Due Date: August 18, 2020
- AUDITION Due Date: August 19, 2020 (video or live)
Everyone is welcome to be a valuable member of our band! Seating auditions are only used to determine part and chair assignments.
If you’re reading this after the start of a semester…
It may not be too late to get involved. Please contact email@example.com and we’ll figure out what to do.