This form is for petitioning to give a performance that exceeds the minimum requirements for any degree program.
- The Recital Petition Form must be filled out and signed by the applied instructor.
- The form must be submitted in the semester preceding that in which the recital is to be given, no later than 4 p.m. on the last class day before Open Registration begins. For Spring 2017 recital requests, the deadline is Friday, November 11, 2016. There will be no exceptions made to this deadline.
- The faculty's decision will be made and communicated to the student within a week after the form has ben received in the music office.
Minimum Degree Performance Requirements
(half recital: 25-35 minutes of music; full recital: 50-60 minutes of music)
- B.A. Music – minimum of 15 minutes on a student departmental recital in the senior year - this should be scheduled using the Departmental Recital Scheduling Form. (Use this form to petition a half or full recital. This recital will be designated as a "Senior Recital" regardless of whether it takes place during the junior or senior year. Once the petition is approved, submit the Degree Recital Scheduling Form.)
- B.M. Composition – full senior recital of original works.
- B.M. Music Education – half recital prior to the student teaching experience, in either the junior year spring or senior year fall semesters. Regardless of the semester, the recital will be designated as a “Senior Recital”.
- B.M. Performance – full senior recital. The student may also give a half junior recital at the discretion of the applied instructor or petition to give a full junior recital.
Note: All fields are required.