Each year, outstanding music students are recognized with the following awards:
- The Robert A. Griffith Music Achievement Award is given annually to the senior student who displays a great deal of competence in his/her music specialty, as well as initiative and leadership in musical activities.
- The Senior Performance Award is given annually to a senior student for demonstrated excellence in music as a performer. The winners are each given a Certificate of Recognition and a token cash award. The Music Faculty has the option of withholding any award in any given year.
- The Slocum Prize in Music is awarded annually to that member of the Senior Class who has attained the highest cumulative grade point average in the courses prescribed for graduation.
- Pi Kappa Lambda is a national honorary society. An invitation to membership is based on outstanding scholarship, musical ability, and accomplishment.
- The Sam and Marion Gannis Academic Achievement Award is presented annually to a junior or senior with a declared music major who demonstrates outstanding scholarship and achievement.