The Ohio Wesleyan Economics and Business Department and The Woltemade Center offer an exceptional program for incoming first-year students interested in economics, business administration, management (marketing and finance), accounting, or international business.
The Economics Management Fellows Program (EMF) is intended for the best of the best. Only 15-20 students are accepted each year. Fellows are quickly introduced to all of the faculty and resources within the Economics Department, as well as to alumni and professional mentors.
Entering freshman Fellows are guaranteed:
- A seat their first semester in Principles of Economics;
- To be assigned to an academic advisor in the Economics Department;
- A peer sophomore or junior mentor in their freshman year and a professional mentor in their senior year;
- Fellows are also awarded a bookstore gift card, each semester for three consecutive semesters, assuming they have earned no less than a B in their Economics classes and maintain an overall GPA of no less than a 3.0.
Fellows also enroll in a special seminar only for them, team-taught by the entire Economics and Business Department.
The program provides a fully paid, faculty escorted study trip to New York City at the end of the spring semester. In addition to visiting the New York Federal Reserve and The New York Stock Exchange, seeing a baseball game and going to the theater, students meet with distinguished alumni and professionals in business and government.
Internship and career opportunities are also presented across various fields.
Initial Criteria for selection include:
- Admittance to OWU
- A high school record and/or SAT or ACT scores that indicate a potential for high achievement at Ohio Wesleyan
- A stated interest in studying economics, business administration management, marketing, finance, accounting, or international business on their initial OWU application
- Personal interview with Economics and Business Department faculty
For details about the Economics Management Fellows Program, contact The Woltemade Center at 740-368-3550 or 740-368-3565.