How to Get Started
In the fall (prior to studying off-campus):
- Attend the Off-Campus Fair (usually in October)
- Give your name and email address to the Salamanca OWU Program Director (in order to receive updates and invitations to meetings)
- Attend one of the scheduled Off-Campus Office meetings.
- Obtain and fill out the International & Off-Campus Program Application and get faculty recommendations (due February 24)
- Apply for your passport if you don’t already have one (applications are available at a US post office; for passport photos go to Walgreen’s); NOTE: In order to obtain your student visa, your passport MUST be signed and valid for at least 1 more year from the date of application.
- Attend the first Salamanca Informational Meeting held by the OWU Salamanca Program Director (check your email for date/time).
- February 24, 2018: Deadline to submit complete application to the International and Off-Campus Program Office.
- March 1, 2018: Deadline to apply to the Salamanca Program (through the MFL department). Please, contact the OWU Salamanca Program Director to access the MFL application forms.
- A non-refundable deposit is required (which will be credited toward the cost of the program) - only Checks or Money Orders made out to Ohio Wesleyan University. Submit this to Jody Forman in the MFL main office (UNIV 212).
- Attend second Salamanca informational meeting (only students who have been accepted into the program)
- Attend third Salamanca informational meeting (Salamanca group only), during which you’ll discuss:
- Travel arrangements
- Host-family information form (individual requests)
- Final Orientation document (dates, classes, excursions, etc)
- Student Visa application process
- During Finals Week: Final Exit Interview with the OWU Program Director -- bring your passport with you to the interview.
- Take care of your visa application as soon as classes end and you return home! (The process can take several weeks from the time that all required material is submitted!)
End of August
- LEAVE FOR SALAMANCA!